Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed Gun Belt

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jcaramis 
#1 ·
Did a search and came up empty.

Does anyone have the Crossbreed gun belt (the one backed with latigo leather) and if so, what do you think about it?

One thing I do notice is that they tell you to measure differently than every other maker (from the buckle pivot vs. from the tip of buckle).

After my recent episode with the liars and extremely poor customer service at Rafter S (whom I have had one of their's for years), I am now a little gun shy (pun intended).

I would order from one of the many fine holster makers that frequent this site, but I need a new belt like yesterday, not 30-60 days from now. CB seems to be pushing them out quickly.

#2 ·
I own (and am currently wearing) a CrossBreed belt. I think I could tow my car with this thing if I had to. I've had it for a few weeks and it's pretty well broken in and very comfortable. CB has a pretty quick turnaround on orders and their customer service is outstanding. There are a couple of threads in here about their holsters (I own two of them), and they're filled with positive comments.

Their method of measuring the belt is different, but it seems to work. Check their website, but I believe their belts also come with a guarantee of satisfaction.

#3 ·
I own (and am currently wearing) a CrossBreed belt. I think I could tow my car with this thing if I had to. I've had it for a few weeks and it's pretty well broken in and very comfortable.
Can you tell me if the belt is sturdy enough to carry a full size 1911 or a fairly heavy Sig P229 type of gun in an OWB holster? What are you carrying with it?

#4 ·
I carry a G30, which is about 2.5 lbs fully loaded with 10+1.

I don't think mine has the "Latigo" leather (whatever that is), but this thing will hold up under a full size 1911 in an OWB without any problem. This belt is almost exactly 1/4" thick.

I should mention that CB's belts take a little longer to make than holsters so the delivery time is a bit longer. However, I haven't yet heard of CB delivering late on anything.

#5 ·
I bought one & the inside layer cracked. They made another one & sent it & I'm very happy with it. The only problem is that the rear clip on the SuperTuck scratched it up VERY BADLY. I still wear it but only if I'm wearing a jacket or something that covers it up. I suppose the clip might have been against the seat belt latch or something. Overall, it's a good product at a good price.

#8 ·
I have one of their belts and carry with a USPc 9mm. I love it. However, like Sh00ter, I used the normal supertuck clips with it initially, and it really scratched up the front of the belt. I then switched to the clips that slip behind the belt and stick with velcro, thats all I need.

I had a quality problem with my first belt, the velcro on the back didn't go around far enough and missed my front clip. After some email back and forth with Crossbread, they ended up just shipping me another one.

#6 ·
I ordered a Supertuck and belt, and they arrived in 20 days. The belt is great and I wear it every day, whether I carry or not. My carry is a H & K UPSc .40. It's pretty heavy fully loaded, but it carries just fine. I don't know how much it or a 1911 weigh, but I can't imagine you'd have any trouble.

As far as measuring, just do what they tell you to do. They are making a custom product and they know how to do it.

Give us a report when you order the belt, whoever it's from.

#9 ·
I am very happy with my CB belt. The fit is great, got it in about 18 days, and like the feel. I carry a CZ 75 on it (16+1) and it holds it fine. I think you will be happy if you go with them. They'll certainly make the situation right if you are unhappy with something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.