Defensive Carry banner

Looking for a good car holster

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Horseman04 
#1 ·
My wife needs a car holster. She has a CHL, but she is a college instructor and is not allowed to carry inside her office or the classroom (hopefully Texas is about to change that ... we'll see :rolleyes:). So most of the time the gun is a "car gun". (When she is out of the car the gun will be locked in the center console). She is right handed and drives a Ford 150 Ranch. Her gun is a CZ-75B 9mm. I am aware of the "safepacker" -- but she doesn't want something that attaches to the seat-belt. Instead she would like something that could attach someway to the right side of the driver's seat at about hip level.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

#3 ·
Interesting. But she often wears a dress. Could make drawing from from between the legs problematic. And she is very specific. She is looking for right-side attached to seat-back at hip level.

Thanks though. If that belt could rotate 90 degrees that might still be workable.

#4 ·
I didn't take a long look at his rig on Saturday when I was shooting with him but it would seem to me that the only problem with rotating it would be the shape of the seat. Most seats seem to have a concave shape where the outermost edges are a bit higher than the center. If the belt is run across those higher ridges it may make it slightly less comfortable than when it is run the other way.

#7 ·
I like this option too....but Blackhawk also makes the Serpa model with a Quick Detach that mounts to a mounting plate and can be swivel adjusted for cant, etc....just debuted them at the SHOT show this year. Has she thought about possibly mounting the rig on the passenger side of the console? It is well hidden form somebody on the driver's side approach but easily accessed with her right hand. somethin to think about. That seat rig may work for that too, just stuffed between the passenger seat and center console.

#10 ·
That Ohai looks perfect. I never even thought about a velcro mount. Thanks! I'll show her that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.