Don Hume H721 O.T.?

Don Hume H721 O.T.?

This is a discussion on Don Hume H721 O.T.? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at this holster and I believe a few members own it. I was wondering about how well a OWB holster, specifically this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Hume H721 O.T.?

Don Hume H721 O.T.?

I was looking at this holster and I believe a few members own it. I was wondering about how well a OWB holster, specifically this one, retains the firearm? Is the fact that it is missing the thumb break a non-issue?

MLC
    hopefully i'll know tomorrow. mine shipped yesterday so with a little luck it'll be in the mailbox tomorrow.

yeah it works fine for my 27

I use it out in the woods and the few days its actually cold down here and I can use a cover garment.

Otherwise its IWB in MTAC

I have 1 for my XD service and Taurus 85 and 1911 full size all have excellent retention unless your doing cartwheels etc I can put the pistols in the holster and then turn them upside down and they dont fall out good enough for me.
    Gun Control: What a long strange trip it's been

For me, its my every day carry for a G-19 under a suit, got another one for a Commander for weekends at the ranch. Haven't had retention problems with either one. This holster (like most) does need a good belt, especially with the Colt.

Works great on my G23.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I also now see that they do not make one with a thumb break for the P-11 anyhow. At least now I know it would not be an issue for walking and hiking. And I cannot remember the last time I did a cartwheel.

I had one for my G26 and my G19...they are a great holster. it conceals very well and the retention is very good as well.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    It's my EDC for a Glock 27. Holds the gun very close and is concealable under an un-tucked shirt.

One bit of advice is to use it with a sturdy gun belt. I wear mine with a 5.11 1 1/2" reinforced leather belt that makes it rock solid stable.

Oh, forgot to add...the holster is very tight when you 1st get it. I wrapped my gun in a couple of layers of Saran wrap and forced it down in the holster as far as I could and left it there for a couple of days. It eventually breaks in with just the right amount of retension.
    Last edited by orangevol; April 17th, 2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added comment

Just to expand upon his question a little more. How does this holster compare to say a custom made one from High Noon, UBG, K&D, etc. ?
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I think I like the high noon better, covers the trigger more, has a retention screw, BUT it is almost twice as much. Unless I can find it cheaper at another supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    Just to expand upon his question a little more. How does this holster compare to say a custom made one from High Noon, UBG, K&D, etc. ?
    BamaSteve, I cannot answer for the other brands you mentioned, but I am very pleased with my Don Hume OT. It has the extra leather that comes up behind the back of the slide, keeping the bare metal off my side. It is a very durable holster that is priced right, around $35.

I love my donhume Agent 711 T.B. this is a pancake holster very similiar to the H721.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

MLC
    Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    hopefully i'll know tomorrow. mine shipped yesterday so with a little luck it'll be in the mailbox tomorrow.
    i got mine in the mail early this morning and let me tell ya i'm impressed. i'm going to have to put a sock or something on my p250and stretch it out a little. new it's so tight i couldnt shake it out while holding it upside down. i was so impressed with the iwb and the owb holsters i got off of ebay for my j-frame that i had to try this h721 ot for my p250 and i dont think i'll be dissapointed at all. dont freak if you are placing a new order and it takes a little longer than you expect, they quoted me an 8 week wait time but it took 12 weeks to the day to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    i'm going to have to put a sock or something on my p250and stretch it out a little.
    MCL...just use a couple of layers of plastic wrap or wax paper, you don't want it stretching too far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links