A Pair of Holsters : H&K P2000

This is a discussion on A Pair of Holsters : H&K P2000 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carried my 1911 in a Comptac C-TAC and loved it. I'll probably get one for my H&K P2000 as well unless I come up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Pair of Holsters : H&K P2000

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar

I carried my 1911 in a Comptac C-TAC and loved it. I'll probably get one for my H&K P2000 as well unless I come up with enough information to make me decide otherwise. Does anyone carry a P2k in a C-TAC? I'm also open to suggestions for other tuckable IWB holsters.

I also need an OWB holster for my P2k. It'd probably be best if it were a pancake style and it is required to have a thumb break. One that rides fairly high would probably work best for me. I wear a 1.75" belt. What do you have?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Try here...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For IWB... look at K&D's Dakota Defender or Thunderbird if you want the flexibility of both IWB & OWB. I just recently received my Dakota Defender and it is one of the most comfortable IWB's I have ever worn. Definitely worth the 12-16 week wait.
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

Here are some of my favorite OWB.

Let me know if you have any questions.

And lastly, a very special holster to me. This is a paddle style holster which is a prototype made by one of our very own, Siver Wolf (Dave). His line of holsters called Little Bear Custom Holsters are worth giving a try. The prototype I've been evaluating so far is outstanding. Given that this is not the finish product yet, it's quality and comfort is not far from any other popular paddle holsters. Check them out. Dave is a great guy to deal!

SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Always fun to look at Twin's posts. Always great pics!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCarry View Post
    Here are some of my favorite OWB.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have the P2000sk and I'm looking for a high ride holster and this is one I have looked at. How do you like it? Any comments you can give me about it?

What do you think about the quality of the Express Line?

Lol. Thanks for the input, but I still haven't been shown one with a thumb break.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Sir, Why is the thumb break a requirement? A quality holster will retain a weapon very, very well. My only thumbreaks are for my S&W revolvers I hunt and hike with.

TC,

Great pics!!!!!! Hope this finds you well.

SG
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    Sir, Why is the thumb break a requirement? A quality holster will retain a weapon very, very well. My only thumbreaks are for my S&W revolvers I hunt and hike with.
    Agency requirements. Off work, I can carry in whatever holster I like, but on the occasion that I wear plain clothes to work, I'll have to have a thumb break or a button.

Bianchi #5 is what I have for my USP Compact. It was a gift from my BIL but seems to work well, though I have yet to get my permit so can't speak to wear other than CC around the house and OC at the range.

With the USP compact, nothing sticks out below the holster, but with my Taurus PT99 the end of the slide and barrel stick out a little, handy that it fits both.

Bianchi
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Lol. Thanks for the input, but I still haven't been shown one with a thumb break.

You mentioned that the pancake holster is "required" to have a thumbreak. Will this be a duty/off duty holster that is required to have the thumb break?

Anyway, thumb break holsters are not as popular with the CCW community as it is with Police officers in my opinion. But of course what's most important is choosing a holster sytem that will make you feel comfortable, safe and confident. And if you prefer using a thumb break than that would be the right choice for you.

The closest to a thumbreak holster I would use or recommend is the system by Lou Alessi called "Speed Break System". It features a pull-through snap for enhanced retention without slowing the draw.

Sportsterguy, so glad to hear from you. I'm looking forward on catching up with you soon.

Here's my holster that has the pull-through snap. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by sbebenelli View Post
    I have the P2000sk and I'm looking for a high ride holster and this is one I have looked at. How do you like it? Any comments you can give me about it?

What do you think about the quality of the Express Line?

Don't mean to hijack but since you ask. I have both the Full and Express Line and I would honestly say that unless you have the extra $$, I would highly recommend the Express Line. Very fast turaround times (If I remember correctly, less than 2 weeks), and the cost is very reasonable. And then of course if $$$ and time is not an issue then by all means get the Full detail line of holsters. Quality and boning is superb!

With all that said, if your looking for a good high ride holster, then Mitch Rosen's UPL Express Line is very hard to beat.

To the OP, you were also asking about a good IWB tuckable holster for your HK. Tucker's Texas Heritage is one I would recommend. Since your HK is fairly thick, the Heritage will work well since it's thin. I started with "The Answer" IWB holster also by Tucker and it didn't work out since it's a little to thick and heavy for my HK.

Anyway, hope that helps.
    You know I have to show pictures

YES!

"The Answer" was not the answer for me.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I've been through 2 LFI classes wearing a DeSantis Speed Scabbard. It holds up and is fast.

I use a Scorpion Kydex from DeSantis for my H&K, and it's good for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links