Product Review: DeepConcealment shoulder hoster

This is a discussion on Product Review: DeepConcealment shoulder hoster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster I have and have worn similar. Not a fan of the velcro release. I prefer a thumb ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Product Review: DeepConcealment shoulder hoster

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

I have and have worn similar. Not a fan of the velcro release. I prefer a thumb snap unless the velcro is strong yet pull through.
    I have a similar version of this rig from the NRA web site, black w/snap adjustable retention straps. Fits close under my left pectoral muscle. I usually carry my XD40sc but have actually carried my XD45 compact in it too. You could replace several shirt buttons with snaps for easier access. However, after 8 hrs of wear I am happy to get out of it!
    Courage: "Do not follow where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Retired Army, Infantry
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

today I am wearing a plain polo style shirt and I have noticed that a couple of the seams for the shoulder straps make it look like I'm cold, if you get my drift. I have also noticed I can see the bottom of the rig if I lean back a little bit, so no leaning in my chair with my feet on the desk, LOL.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    I have this holster and use it frequently - at least twice a week. Sometimes much more. I don't care for the velcro release either, that's why I don't have it on the holster. I've found for MY lifestyle that it is not needed. There aren't too many times I'm end over end along the vertical axis. Thus far, after over two years of use, my XD40sc has always stayed in place and I've done a lot of lifting, carrying, stretching, bending, etc.... with it on. Try it and you might decide you don't need it. As always, ymmv.
    I tried not using the velcro once before I got the thumb snap set up. Worked OK until I had to bend over a certain way and my fortified midsection jettisoned the gun into my shirt, which luckily was tucked in.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Are you better off with something like this so there are no lines from the straps? A Better Holster

BJC
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I tried not using the velcro once before I got the thumb snap set up. Worked OK until I had to bend over a certain way and my fortified midsection jettisoned the gun into my shirt, which luckily was tucked in.
    Can honestly say I've never had that happen with my gun. My magazine, however, was a different story. I tried the mag slots one time. During a meeting, I felt a rather heavy object come barreling down my sleeve. Thankfully my sleeves were buttoned, which I only do during the actual meeting. When I had the chance, I slipped my spare mag into my pocket where it has ridden ever since. Not sure if the pearce grip extensions caused this or what. I haven't tried with a flat base plate.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Are you better off with something like this so there are no lines from the straps? A Better Holster
    I tried a similar shirt from a different company. It didn't hold the gun grip tight to my chest. If I tightened the shirt to where it was tight, it restricted my breathing.

If you look at the referenced website and check out the guns in the "Gat Pac" picture, you'll have an idea of how the grips may stick out. Imagine wearing that holster t-shirt, and a shirt over it. Now imagine how easily the grips may print through the outer shirt.

Those shirts may work for some--different manufacturers, or smaller guns--but mine didn't work for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BJC View Post
    Can honestly say I've never had that happen with my gun. My magazine, however, was a different story. I tried the mag slots one time. During a meeting, I felt a rather heavy object come barreling down my sleeve. Thankfully my sleeves were buttoned, which I only do during the actual meeting. When I had the chance, I slipped my spare mag into my pocket where it has ridden ever since. Not sure if the pearce grip extensions caused this or what. I haven't tried with a flat base plate.
    Same thing happened to me with the 13-round mag for an XD-45c. The mag fell out of it's compartment into the sleeve of my long-sleeve shirt. It happened twice. I won't try the 13-round mag in it again unless I strap it in.

I don't use the velcro strap for my gun. Maybe I'll use the strap to hold the 13-round mag in. The 10-round mag stays in just fine on its own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links