Product Review: DeepConcealment shoulder hoster

This is a discussion on Product Review: DeepConcealment shoulder hoster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After posting a dilemma I had about my new job and the kind of clothes I would be wearing I decided to give the DeepConcealment ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After posting a dilemma I had about my new job and the kind of clothes I would be wearing I decided to give the DeepConcealment holster from Active Pro Gear a try.

I got it in the mail the other day, at around $40 with shipping it wasn't too bad to swallow.

The materials used are great quality and it is fairly soft to the touch. The ordering instructions were accurate, but I did have to call to make sure that I needed a right hand holster (which places the handgun under my left arm).

It took all of 2 minutes to get it set up and wearable for my frame, then another 20 or so adjusting after certain positions. All in all about 30 minutes to make it fit me perfectly.

It holds my gun close to my body and I don't feel it slip at all when I bend over. Today I put on the retention strap just to be safe. When I walk I feel it "bounce" a little bit, but that is the elastic band and not my handgun, since I don't walk like a Soldier anymore I simply attribute it to how I walk and not the product.

My S&W Sigma .40 does simply disappear within my shirt and I now get to wear whatever belt I want instead of having to grab the 5.11 gun belts I own.

The comfort overall is fine. Every once in a while when I sit the barrel of my gun will catch some love handle in between it and my waistband and pinch me, but again that is my fault for having the love handles and not the holster's. I will always know my handgun is there; unlike when I wear my SuperTuck, which sometimes I have to check to make sure I didn't forget to put it on.

I think this holster is worth the money and time, especially if you need deep concealment and don't want to pop for a leather rig. And since I have to weak dress pants now and I have a heavier gun this is the way I have to go until I either change jobs again and can wear jeans or buy a new (slightly smaller) gun and get another SuperTuck.

I didn't post pics because I didn't think you guys would want to see me standing around in my undershirt.

photo added by qks - photo taken from activeprogear website. since a member is reviewing their product to 29,000 gun folks I don't think they will mind too much.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I'm interested in one...thanks for the review.

Glad you like it. It makes a good addition to the holster box, one that adds capabilities. Agreed it can hold a heavy firearm.

Speaking of the barrel when sitting, sometimes my barrel will hit the handle of my TDI when I sit. Like you said, it reminds me I'm armed... and to sit up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Speaking of the barrel when sitting, sometimes my barrel will hit the handle of my TDI when I sit. Like you said, it reminds me I'm armed... and to sit up straight.
    I didn't think of that, I have shelved my TDI for a while for my SOG Tanto II. But since I will be tucking my shirts in all the time now the TDI might gather even more dust.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Sounds like the new holster is working out well for you and does a good job concealing the S&W. I would be interested in seeing a couple of pics with a dress shirt over the holster, if you get an opportunity.

I'll take some snaps tomorrow when I get home from work, that si if my brain isn't toasted from my first day in Management

-Paco

First day in management, eh? Heck, you may get better results with open carry! Congrats on the new position.

What size of gun could a person dare put in this holster and comfortably get away with it?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

I have and have worn similar. Not a fan of the velcro release. I prefer a thumb snap unless the velcro is strong yet pull through.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

BJC
    I have this holster and use it frequently - at least twice a week. Sometimes much more. I don't care for the velcro release either, that's why I don't have it on the holster. I've found for MY lifestyle that it is not needed. There aren't too many times I'm end over end along the vertical axis. Thus far, after over two years of use, my XD40sc has always stayed in place and I've done a lot of lifting, carrying, stretching, bending, etc.... with it on. Try it and you might decide you don't need it. As always, ymmv.

Here is a pic I snapped this morning, more to prove to former coworkers that I do own a pair of dress pants, and then 2 from just a little while ago after I got home from work.

It tends to drag down a little after the whole day, but I can easily adjust it while walking with a simple brush from my elbow. Tomorrow I might try to tighten it a little more and see how it does.
    Attached Images

-Paco

Looks like a good setup for certain deep cover needed situations. Can the straps be seen from behind when leaning over(no picture please, just asking).

Sweet wallpaper btw.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Good stuff, can't tell it's there with the shirt on.
    Does it get warm or not really ?
    Have you practiced drawing / How does it do ?

I'm sure the straps will be more noticeable with a solid white shirt, but I have mostly patterned dress shirts, so it breaks up a bit.

It got a little warm at one point today, but I also found out my office has the thermostat for the section of the floor I am on. Now, it is only April and in N. Texas it is still kinda cool at 70ish ranges. August will be a I'm sure when we have a week or 2 of 100 degree days with mid to high humidity.

-Paco

Thanks for posting the pics; that rig seems to disappear under your shirt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links