Defensive Carry banner

Question for M TAC Holster Owners

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  redbird 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a M TAC Holster. After taking it out of the package I immediately noticed that the surface of the leather where the frame of my pistol will contact was scuffed and scratched. For those of you that have a M TAC did yours also come with the scuffs and scratches in the leather?

The holster is perfectly functional and the scratches and scuffs are not terrible. However, after paying over $90 including shipping and tax, I did not expect the cosmetic blemishes and was disappointed.

#6 ·
The scuffs are not related to the natural variation that is to be expected in leather products. The marks are from the production process. Again, I want to stress that the scuffs are not terrible. I just was not expecting them for the amount of money I paid and wanted to know if this is normal for this holster.

#11 ·
Well...I contacted Comp-Tac. I was told that scratches and scuffs on the M-TAC leather are not uncommon and that these finish problems often occur during the gun fitting stage of the holster's construction. I was told I could return it to them (at my expense) and they would send me another one, but they would charge me a shipping fee, and they would not guarantee that the replacement holster's leather would not be scuffed and scratched. So for about $20 I can get a replacement holster that might not be any better than the original one and all this after I already paid $90+.

I have other leather holsters from Bianchi, Don Hume and High Noon. No craftsmanship or finish issues with any of those holsters. I'm sure they went through a gun fitting process too. I know things get scratched and scuffed during everyday use; however, I don't think I need to pay someone to do it for me.

Despite my disappointment with the finish, the holster so far works great and is very comfortable. BTW - I also purchased a belt from Comp-Tac. It is of excellent construction and finish. After receiving such a high quality belt from them, I was really surprised and bummed out when I saw the finish on the holster. Comp-Tac's lack luster response to my concerns did not help either.

#13 ·
to be concerned about scuffs in the location you describe is like being concerned about scuffs on the wear surface of the tires on your new car. Besides that, it's going to be covered by your gun, your pants, your shirt, and then possibly a cover garment.

It's not meant to be cosmetic like the belt which you said was in good shape. Practice drawing a few times and all the marks will be your own. Or look at it this way; be happy their quality control test fits the gun and you received a holster, made in the U.S.A. that fits and functions properly! :bier:

#16 ·
Thanks for the perspective. The tire thing was good. :image035: Sometimes I can get worked up after spending $90 and not getting what I expected. I guess pride in craftsmanship is just not their thing at Comp-Tac for some of their products. However, no one can argue with the M-TAC's functionality.:bier:

#14 ·
Harvethesecon - that looks like it would suck. I have one with a G27 and have the opposite problem of more leather than I would like because the kydex is so small.

Overall, I'm very pleased with mine for the price but I'm considering trimming the leather back a bit. I've been wearing this combination every day for about 9months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.