Looking for holster recommendations

This is a discussion on Looking for holster recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone I'm new to concealed carry, and am looking for carry options that could work for me. A little background on my situation...I'm a ...

Thread: Looking for holster recommendations

Hello everyone

I'm new to concealed carry, and am looking for carry options that could work for me.
    A little background on my situation...I'm a stay at home mom with one toddler and another one on the way in June. Typically, I wear hikers, jeans, and a t-shirt...I'm not a purse person, and I already have to carry around a dipper bag.
    I'm looking for a holster that can hold my little Kel-Tec P-3AT and one extra mag, but will still allow me to pick up and carry my kids, nurse, and all that other baby stuff, and not be obvious of course or let my toddler make a grab at it.
    I thought about carrying in my dipper bag, just a standered backpack, but with kids that seems to be free game when you get around other moms.

I got some time before my CWP class and I get my license, so post me your ideas, or things that have worked for you wives.

Thanks

Pocket holster. Initially I thought the diaper bag would be ideal because a crook isnt gonna wanna snatch that LOL

But if other moms and kids can get to it I see pocket carry as a desireable alternative.

Welcome to the forum!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Pocket carry sounds like the way to go. Check out the DeSantis Super Fly. I use one for my Keltec P3AT and also for my Ruger LCP. They also make a mag carrier for the pocket. The DeSantis website is the best source.

Limatunes 's website is a good place to look up all kinds of questions.

Specifically for your current situation, an OWB (the 'higher' riding kind) worn around the 4 to 5 o'clock position sounds best......but I'm male so can't assume to think I know what's best........

And congrats on your number two!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Holster: I'm a bug fan of IWB carry. As for the dipper bag carry.......I don't like the idea of a loaded gun off my person at any time. Keep them locked up or on your person. Good luck.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

I think the pocket holster is the best way to go with jeans. I am pleased with the way my KT P3AT and P 32 carry.
    I would be worried that off body carry would not work due to the kids might find it, and it would not be as readily available.

Regards,
    Jerry

I will second goldshellback... Limatunes was looking for a similar solution for her carry options with the arrival of her new addition.

She has a wealth of info on her site.
    e

Try this tucked into the waist...

FIST, INC.

I have this same holster for a KelTec P-3AT, along with this pocket holster...

Pocket Holster

Either would work!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm looking for a holster that can hold my little Kel-Tec P-3AT and one extra mag, but will still allow me to pick up and carry my kids, nurse, and all that other baby stuff, and not be obvious of course or let my toddler make a grab at it.
    The pic is of a P3AT in a K &D holster.

I carry this outfit in my jeans' right, rear pocket (like a wallet) with no problem. Check out K & D as they make a quality product. Seems to meet the needs you listed in your post!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

This my be an option for you, I just got mine, it's surprizingly comfortable. You can find it on guns4gals.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2gunken View Post
    Holster: I'm a bug fan of IWB carry. As for the dipper bag carry.......I don't like the idea of a loaded gun off my person at any time. Keep them locked up or on your person. Good luck.
    I concur.

Also, goldshellback gave you a link to a great site. BTW, Lima is a new mom and may be able to provide some useful insight to you. She and her husband are both members here.

Another site to check out is:

Cornered Cat

Biker

I'm a guy who just bought his first concealment holster recently. It's an IWB holster. If this is something that you are considering you may want to go to Kholster He is in the St.Louis area but will ship to you postpaid he is a fairly new holster maker and if he doesn't have a mold for your gun has a great deal if you will let him make a mold with yours. This month he has a sale on his holsters $35. He also has a great guarantee. I predict he will become a famous holster maker in time and then be able to charge confiscatory prices.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! Looks like I got several places and things to look at.

I think I'm gonna end up buying a couple of IWB and pocket holsters and give them a try. I wont really know what works best till I just give it a try and I plan on changing thing and up grading to a 9mm once the kids are able to walk and I'm not carrying them everywhere.

Holster Recommendation

In the pants holster. I have two different ones. One for my 38 and one for my 45. All the holsters I have considered have been very thick and dig into me or make me add 4 inches to my hips! Yuck either way. I am a dedicated Don Hume Holster girl. There holsters are thinner so they are better to conceal and wear and made of sturdy leather.

Hope this helps!

I think a pocket holster would serve the purpose, they are simple, secure and give east access
    " Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I would'nt give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. "- General George S. Patton Jr. May 31, 1944

Links