Cargo pants/ shorts... - Page 2

Cargo pants/ shorts...

This is a discussion on Cargo pants/ shorts... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like a bunch of chicken legs up there. I wear 511 shorts day in and out to work and will carry IWB or pocket ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds like a bunch of chicken legs up there.

I wear 511 shorts day in and out to work and will carry IWB or pocket depending on the mood.
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO2 View Post
    FWIW, I really like Cabelas Trail Hiking cargo pants. They're well made, and cost about 50% of what you would pay for 5.11s.

How long have you had them?

I ask because the half-dozen pair I bought 18 months ago are all starting to tear at the corners of the pockets (these are the seven-inch inseam shorts, BTW).

I wore them pretty hard last summer at work (range rat for a local sheriff's office), and the repeated washings have made them rather thin. I did take all but one pair back to the Cabeal's here, and they replaced them without comment. The replacements, BTW, are already thin...

IOW, in the future I'll spend the extra $$ on the 5.11s. I've got some of them (with the Royal Robbins label) that I purchased at the FBI Academy at Quantico in 1993. They have been worn ever since, and are still serviceable.

I hope you have better luck with your Cabelas pants. However, this has caused me to seriously re-think how much clothing I buy there.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack...

BTW, Barbary... a proper holster makes or breaks pocket carry. I have several different ones. The Uncle Mike's is great for my Columbia semi-dress trousers. Stick that one in a pair of 5.11s, and it flops around like a dead fish; because the 5.11 pockets are larger and deeper. Got a Kramer hard-back for those pants.

Moral of the story; you need to size your holster to the intended pocket. That pictured holster expressly for the cargo pocket is neat; every other one I've seen is too small for a side cargo pocket and will be on its back, etc., in just a few steps. That one looks right.

Check out Woolrich pants. I have heard they are better than the 5.11 stuff as 5.11 has gone down in quality.

How hard would it be to carry a baby Glock
    Extremely easy. I do it all of the time. Kohl's Cargo shorts or slacks, a G26 in a pocket holster:

http://www.pocketholsters.com/index.html

I use the same holster as Rock&glock for my LCP, in any pants or shorts, works fine,looks like a wallet from the back.

Hmmm I pretty much only wear cargo shorts in summer as well. I usually will be OWB but I think you've all inspired me to get a pocket holster for the P11.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

During summer I wear cargo shorts around house and yard. I have found that my S&W 637 Airweight Centennial and a Bianchi Pocket Change holster work better in cargo short pockets. The holster is more squared off than my Nemesis and the gun has just enough of a smaller profile to hide better in pocket. The holster completely covers the hammer spur so it doesn't snag in pocket. I draw with my thumb on hammer spur and pushing slightly against it. It comes out and goes in slick as a whistle!

The 642(my normal EDC) sticks out of the pocket slightly in some brands of shorts, but 637 hides completely. I have same effect in some brands of jeans, so 637 is also dedicated jeans EDC.

Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alienbogey View Post
    Cargo shorts and Smartcarry.
    Ditto +1

I wear cargo shorts everyday just about and pocket carry in my right front pocket a colt cobra in a Kramer pocket holster,works lie a charm.

Yup. Cargo shorts and small frame revolver in pocket holster is a marriage made in heaven!

I don't wear true cargo shorts. I wear Wrangler Carpenter shorts (knee length) in relaxed fit.

It is the only way to go in the summer. Shorts, oversized T-shirt or Polo shirt, flip-flops or Crocs and a glass of Luzianne sun tea! Life is good!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I tried to find some of the Cabelas trailhikers yesterday and they didnt have any on the site so I hope they are still making them I have been wearing them every day to work for last 6 years

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I carry my Glock 26 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster in the right front pocket. I wear cargo pants frequently, but my pocket carry isn't limited to cargo pants. I also carry the same way in Dockers, jeans, or whatever pants that I happen to be wearing. I don't have any problems with doing it that way.

I carry my G23 IWB in a Brommeland max con v with shorts and a tshirt, not even my wife can tell I'm carrying. Was never a big fan of pocket carry, I have too much other crap to put in 'em.

VIP Member
    Even in Cargos I'd go with a SmartCarry!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links