Pocket holster for PM9 with Crimson Trace

This is a discussion on Pocket holster for PM9 with Crimson Trace within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good back-pocket style holster for a Kahr PM9 equipped with Crimson Trace laser. I'll be carrying it in my front pocket, ...

Thread: Pocket holster for PM9 with Crimson Trace

I'm looking for a good back-pocket style holster for a Kahr PM9 equipped with Crimson Trace laser. I'll be carrying it in my front pocket, but like the masking on the back-pocket holsters.

I'm currently using a Kahr pocket holster with the removable velcro strap, and love it. If you know of something similar, please let me know.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm looking for one also but I've had no luck!

Try contacting Kevin at K&D Holsters. I've been in his shop and seen the setup you're describing. He should be able to help you out!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Try contacting Kevin at K&D Holsters. I've been in his shop and seen the setup you're describing. He should be able to help you out!
    Thanks for the info, I just called and ordered the Thunderbird Defender which can be worn IWB or OWB. Very nice people to deal with but there is a 3-4 month wait. I don't have a choice because there is nothing on the market and this is like buying 2 holsters for the price of !.

With the sweat shield it was less than $100.00.

Night sights vs. laser

I contacted Kevin, and he can make a holster for the PM9 with Crimson Trace, but it'll take 8 to 10 weeks.

I haven't purchased the Crimson Trace for the PM9 yet, but wanted to make sure I had a decent holster for it if I did.

The long wait for the holster is giving me second thoughts. I currently use Trijicon night sights. I'd be interested in any comments regarding whether there is much to be gained by adding a laser to a pistol already equipped with night sights.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Pics of gun with CT!?

With Crimson Trace and without:

"Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by gseely View Post
    I contacted Kevin, and he can make a holster for the PM9 with Crimson Trace, but it'll take 8 to 10 weeks.

I haven't purchased the Crimson Trace for the PM9 yet, but wanted to make sure I had a decent holster for it if I did.

The long wait for the holster is giving me second thoughts. I currently use Trijicon night sights. I'd be interested in any comments regarding whether there is much to be gained by adding a laser to a pistol already equipped with night sights.

Night sights and lasers are two different beasts. I'm setting up both my Glocks with lasers and night sights. My PM9 has the night sights as I don't like the trigger guard mounted lasers due to the holster issues. In fact; since I don't pocket carry, I'm thinking of selling my PM9 and buying an MK9. They are the same size and CT make nice grip replacement lasers for it. I already have a sweet TT Gunleather IWB holster that'll fit the MK9 too.

Here're some pics.

Just my thoughts... YMMV
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Quote Originally Posted by gseely View Post

You can't compare night sights to lasers, the laser is much more accurate. I'm probably much older than you and have more patience to wait for the right holster. Also I do own the PM-9 and the laser guard and I know this combo will be much easier to conceal in the hot Las Vegas summers.

My regular everyday carry is a Glock 26 with a lasermax.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    With Crimson Trace and without:

Not to sidetrack the thread but that trigger guard mounted laser looks like it's going to make the already small grip of a PM9 even more crowded and uncomfy. It looks like it would be digging into your finger. A mag extension may help but it's still going to be cramped. If you have to have a laser, I agree that a MK9 with the grip mounted laser IWB would be a better choice. I have a Lasermax on my G29SF and it's a cool, worthwhile addition (especially for what I paid for it) but I don't consider it a necessity. For a small concealable pocket carry gun though with it mounted trigger guard style, I'm not sure the advantages will outweigh the disadvantages. Of course this is JMO.

If you go with a K&D pocket holster, I'll agree Kevin does great work. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from him and have been very happy with his work. Excellent prices and worth the wait.

Yup, with the current demand you are going to have a wait for anything that's really good. Sort of like finding ammo these days!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

New Member Array zeekbartholmue's Avatar
    Fist is one choice.5 weeks was the est. ship time for my cw9 crimson trace pocket holster 4-24-09

Is that the Number 5 pocket holster? Have you bought from these people before and found their quality to be okay?

New Member Array zeekbartholmue's Avatar
    k5 is the # for thin kydex.No i dont have any experience with them.Some members here really like them.The new Crimson trace on a poly. kahr who are you going to call?

Links