Mr. Larsen is building me a Custom Holster (photo)

This is a discussion on Mr. Larsen is building me a Custom Holster (photo) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since acquiring my Ultra Carry a few months ago, I'd been looking for a Conceal Carry OWB Holster that was extremely high-riding and one that ...

Thread: Mr. Larsen is building me a Custom Holster (photo)

Mr. Larsen is building me a Custom Holster (photo)

Since acquiring my Ultra Carry a few months ago, I'd been looking for a Conceal Carry OWB Holster that was extremely high-riding and one that also incorporated a 20 degree forward cant. Deep boning was a feature the holster also had to have in order to keep the holster size down to a minimum.

Milt Sparks makes a great holster called "60TK" that has these features, but Sparks will not make that holster for a 3" barreled 1911. Mitch Rosen makes a great holster he calls the 5JR (I had one built for my HK USPc45) , but it doesn't ride high enough for my personal needs.

Then I started reading all the great reviews posted on this Forum regarding Eric Larsen d/b/a hbeleatherworks.com. I visited his site and saw all the different models he offers. It's quite obvious this Man really takes his craft seriously. His holsters are amoung some of the best built rigs I've ever seen. The craftmanship is impeccable.

I decided to email Mr. Larsen a photo illustrating the current holster I use with my UC,..and a photoshopped/prototype design I seeked. Mr. Larsen promptly replied and informed me that he would be willing to undertake the project. The holster will also have a 20 degree forward cant, which he highly recommended.

In the attached photo, the prototype holster he's going to build is featured on the left. On the right, is the holster I currently use. He's going to build this holster and ship it to me at a cost that's under $100.00. Not to shabby for a custom built holster that will last a lifetime!!

It was a real pleasure speaking with him today. Seemed like he could read my mind when we began to discuss all the reasoning behind the design I wanted.

BTW, Mr. Larsen had an emergency yesterday involving his son battling a nasty case of bronchitis . In the middle of all this, he took his time and answered all my questions . Trully a great guy!!!

His son is in our prayers for a speedy, healthy recovery!!
    Last edited by los; March 2nd, 2006 at 10:19 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Thumbs up He does beautiful holster work.

The guy is a true craftsman in great American Tradition.
    That will be a great piece of leatherwork.

Assistant Administrator
    Looks great Jimmy - nothing like getting just what suits.

As I say so often - we are truly spoiled having our top notch holster makers not only here on the board but at our disposal too.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Good lookin' holster. Could you send it around so the rest of us could get a "feel" for it?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The guy is a true craftsman in great American Tradition.
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    ...As I say so often - we are truly spoiled having our top notch holster makers not only here on the board but at our disposal too.
    Well said Men!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Good lookin' holster. Could you send it around so the rest of us could get a "feel" for it?
    Well, i gotta wait 4-months for it. It's gonna be a little longer for those that want to get a "feel" for it .

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by los
    Well, i gotta wait 4-months for it. It's gonna be a little longer for those that want to get a "feel" for it .
    I had to wait on a Milt Sparks holster I ordered; I know what you're talkin' about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I had to wait on a Milt Sparks holster I ordered; I know what you're talkin' about.
    Same for me when I ordered a VM-2 for a USPc45 I had. You know, the VM-2 was so uncomfortable (too stiff) that I had to sell it. I think the overall thickness of the USP was the main problem. Never could establish a good conceal. That's why I sold it and got the UC. I'm never looking back!!

VIP Member
    Eric and I just exchanged e-mails regarding a holster I want for my P99 Compact.

I hope my e-mails didn't delay your holster any los! :)
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    Eric and I just exchanged e-mails regarding a holster I want for my P99 Compact.

I hope my e-mails didn't delay your holster any los! :)
    No problem. Even if it did, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!! :) Good luck with yours.

The pics above look pretty good

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Holy crap....I go make holsters for an afternoon and you guys just run with this stuff....dont ya? And I appreciate the respect, but Mr. Larsen is my dad.
    Just call me "hey you" or something like that.......k?
    I appreciate the kind words.....truly!
    Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I know what you mean. I did some horse trading today. Traded my S&W Sigma .40 for a CZ100 9mm,and need a holster for it. I remembered that Eric, does alot of CZ stuff. And He's already got my order in on a rig for my 1911, his response was sure no problem. And he commenced to help me design a holster as I drove down the hi-way. And he knew all about the CZ100. You don't get the kind of service that these guys give at the gun store. I bought a holster at one of the larger gun shops in Memphis, Got it home tried it on. I did not like it, so I go back to see about exchanging it for another. I did not want my money back just to change it for probaly a more expensive one. No way , no how. I still have that holster to remind me never buy from there again. I'll pay more to get a holster that works, and the detail and craftsmanship that goes with it.

Links