Poor Customer Service Response

This is a discussion on Poor Customer Service Response within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What does something like that cost? $40 or $60 bucks? Ammortized over the life of the product, it's cost you about $4-6 bucks a year ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor Customer Service Response

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    What does something like that cost? $40 or $60 bucks? Ammortized over the life of the product, it's cost you about $4-6 bucks a year to own and use. Or between .0011-.0164 cents per day. Sounds like an amazing product to me.

Great thing about the free market, either choose to buy it because it performed well over 10 years of service, or move on and buy someone else's based on some principle because some customer service person who didn't answer exactly how you wanted. You're wasting more time and effort upset about it than it cost you over 10 years - get over it.

Frankly I think you owe the person an appology for going a bit overboard in your email. The customer may be "always right" but that doesn't give ya a free pass to go off the reservation.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroode View Post
    I started this thread because it is MY opinion that this was not a proper response to a customer. I understand the opposing views and respect your opinion. As to me being classless, I think not.
    ...as it is mine. The wonders of open forums....and I said you posting PM emails is classless, along with such "threats". How you take it personally is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by bradktn View Post
    They didn't "Screw," you! If the worst you can say is that the email didn't gush over how loyal a customer you are, you have no complaint. Get over it.
    Ok, Stop hitting me,

I get it. I'm a bad man.

Sorry I voiced my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

I get it. I'm a bad man.
    Probably not a bad man, maybe just a bad day? Have a cup of tea, enjoy the weekend, and find yourself a new holster.

Cheers
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

If you use 'stuff', it wears out....I've got some 10 year old shorts that would scare you...

Buy a new holster/smart carry and move on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would imagine if a company wanted me to continue to buy thier products they would at least show a little appreciation in a simple email - they wont get my business either.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I would imagine they get 100's of emails a day and more than 50% are a bunch of trivial questions that anybody with half a brain could figure out. At least they responded...bet they don't have time for long winded, thoughtful replies. I think they did okay. If you want to see poor customer service, try doing some internet sales business with Impact Guns..
    Last edited by Warmon; April 25th, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I'm gonna try that approach when my Wranglers wear out and threaten to buy Levi's.
    "Mr. Wrangler, my old jeans have holes in the knees and crotch, what are you suggest I do?"
    "I'd suggest it's time to buy a new pair".
    "Thanks for nothing, I'm gonna tell everyone you wouldn't advise me to patch the holes".
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I expected a response along the lines of :
    Thank you for contacting us. We are happy to see that you have enjoyed our product and we thank you for reccomending us. Unfortunately we will not be able to replace your holster, but if you will ship us the old one we can............................... or whatever.

Stroke me a little bit. I am not one of those penny pinching people that complain all the time and look for freebies. I've had very positive encounters with the very few companies that I have ever corresponded with before.
    Keep in mind that they, like everybody else on the self-defense side of the firearms industry, are experiencing the highest demand in history right now. It's quite understandable that they're a little brisk in their e-mail responses. They probably don't have time to stroke every customer who e-mails them.

Ok, I am going to pile on a bit.

I wear Levi's 501's almost exclusively. I buy them in batches of 6 or so every year to year and a half. When they get beyond the condition that I feel they can be worn to work every day, I put them into the outside work draw.

They are made of cloth, I assume that is what your holster is made of. Do you think that I should contact the Levi company and let them know that the knee, or the crotch has ripped out of their product after a couple of years of usage and ask them how to fix the darn pair of pants? They don't come with a lifetime usage warranty, they are pants and they are made to be disposed of after a certain period of time.

Had you bought a Crossbreed or some other holster that is marketed with a lifetime warranty, and made out of material designed to last a lifetime, then I could understand your problem with the company. But you don't order a product made to be disposable and then ask the company how you can extend the life. In a previous post you suggested sewing a patch or something else. Well if you can conjure up an idea of how to fix it then get on with it, don't blame the company for not telling you how to save money after 10 years of service from their product.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Sheesh, where should the pickle be sent???
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Decided to check their web site.

Welcome to Thunderwear.com

FAQ

If I'm not satisfied can I return it?
    We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, for ANY reason. We are so confident that you will enjoy our product, our toll free number is always on every Holster, so you can recommend our product to others.

Sounds like you got your money's worth.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroode
    FAQ

If I'm not satisfied can I return it?
    We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, for ANY reason. We are so confident that you will enjoy our product, our toll free number is always on every Holster, so you can recommend our product to others.
    You can't possibly expect anyone to think that a satisfaction guarantee should be or would be enforceable after 10 years of use and by your own account, numerous recommendations on your part.

This kind of thinking is what is wrong with our society in a nut shell. Everyone wants the best for nothing forever.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post

This kind of thinking is what is wrong with our society in a nut shell. Everyone wants the best for nothing forever.
    AMEN!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links