Poor Customer Service Response

This is a discussion on Poor Customer Service Response within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Chroode Welcome to Thunderwear.com FAQ If I'm not satisfied can I return it? We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor Customer Service Response

Quote Originally Posted by Chroode View Post
    Welcome to Thunderwear.com

FAQ

If I'm not satisfied can I return it?
    We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, for ANY reason. We are so confident that you will enjoy our product, our toll free number is always on every Holster, so you can recommend our product to others.
    Yes, you did get your money's worth.

Stop complaining. It was bad enough in your initial email to them that you played the LEO card to try and get special treatment. LEO's deserve no more free consideration/special treatment than the average Joe. Now you are going to tell them your are unsatisfied 10 years later? Serious contradiction here, eh?

Get over it and move on, man!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Bottom line is what is the original guarantee? Is it for life or a specified period? Considering the holster gave you 9-10 years of service pretty much speaks for it's quality. It almost sounds like you want a freebee. Also the fact that you praised the holster on various websites pretty much indicates that you were pleased with it's performance. I think I would simply purchase another of their holsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    LOL The holster lasted almost 10 years and you want them to do what? send you another one? Give you a discount on a new one?

Hmmm Erik doesnt give me a discount on holsters and yet I let everyone here know I like his work. Im sure other builders are the same way.

I promise you that anyone who really believes a lifetime warranty means getting a new one for free in the future is just wrong.

Seriously, do you think Crossbreed in 10 years or whatever is just gonna send everyone with a worn out Supertuck a brand new one? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    I understand how you feel, but like others said, you got almost 10 years of use out of it, sounds pretty good to me. And I don't know what you expected them to tell you about fixing it, it's cloth...pretty self-explanatory. What you were really searching for and expecting was a new holster. If you wanted a life-time warranty you should probably consider that for your next holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    What does something like that cost? $40 or $60 bucks? Ammortized over the life of the product, it's cost you about $4-6 bucks a year to own and use. Or between .0011-.0164 cents per day. Sounds like an amazing product to me.

Great thing about the free market, either choose to buy it because it performed well over 10 years of service, or move on and buy someone else's based on some principle because some customer service person who didn't answer exactly how you wanted. You're wasting more time and effort upset about it than it cost you over 10 years - get over it.

Frankly I think you owe the person an appology for going a bit overboard in your email. The customer may be "always right" but that doesn't give ya a free pass to go off the reservation.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    You can't possibly expect anyone to think that a satisfaction guarantee should be or would be enforceable after 10 years of use and by your own account, numerous recommendations on your part.

This kind of thinking is what is wrong with our society in a nut shell. Everyone wants the best for nothing forever.

I was thinking about this theory of 10 years of use. This is NOT my main mode of carry. IWB is my main and favorite, and what I utilize almost all the time. Next is OWB when I want to OC, followed by sholder holster for the times I can wear a jacket.

I utilized this holster for it's intended purpose of deep concealment. So the times that I needed it, like a tucked in shirt, or shorts without a waistband, I'd say comes out to 20% - 30% of the time.

Except for short periods of time like; staying home for the day or traveling where I couldn't carry, military duty etc., I carry a gun.

So let's say I go 30% of use over the 10 years (supposing carrying every single day). That comes to about 3 years of use.

Is 3 years (or less) of use acceptable for a holster?

Ok, Stop hitting me,

I get it. I'm a bad man.

Sorry I voiced my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie B View Post
    Yes, you did get your money's worth.

Stop complaining. It was bad enough in your initial email to them that you played the LEO card to try and get special treatment. LEO's deserve no more free consideration/special treatment than the average Joe. Now you are going to tell them your are unsatisfied 10 years later? Serious contradiction here, eh?

Get over it and move on, man!

As evidenced above, from page 2 of this post, I was ready to "stop complaining" and I was "getting over it and moving on, Man". But since you guys won't leave it alone, let's roll.

Is 3 years (or less) of use acceptable for a holster?
    Highly dependent on what kind of holster. Kydex? I would expect a lot more than three years. Custom leather? For what it costs it better last more than three years. Cheap, mass produced leather? You may not even get three years out of it. Cloth or nylon? I'd say three years is doing pretty good.

As evidenced above, from page 2 of this post, I was ready to "stop complaining". But since you guys won't leave it alone, let's roll.
    Disussions on forums aren't so simple as turning off a spigot and thus everyone adheres to a request 40 posts into a discussion. Many folks will read the question/post and then present a response, often without reading each and every post to see if a reply is now no longer appreciated or warranted.

And, by the way, folks aren't jumping on you for voicing an opinion. It's the suggestion of culpability that has been weighed against the "reasonable man" standard.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

So, how many posts does it take to screw in a new holster?

Always room for one more. But, guess what? Your goin in up with a new holster
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

VIP Member
    Thunderwear is great for what it is meant for but after time it will wear out.

After all, it is only double lined denim. I'm sure you have a favorite pair of jeans with the knees falling apart. This type of concealed washable rig is no different after a few years of use.

Thunderwear is great for what is does.

Now if you want a handbag that you can send back for a replacement any time I recommend Dooney & Brurke.

Reality is that times are tough. Most businesses have had to cut overhead and that sometimes means customer service too.

Accept the fact that your rig has probably out lived its wear life and is ready to be replaced.
    Last edited by SIGP250; April 25th, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

The person that replied to you with "time to buy a new thunderwear" was probably some kid that could care less. I dont know why people are accusing you of being cheap and wanting a freebee, when all you expected was a "thank you for using our product, even though we cant repair it." Now, that being said. I dont know how you guys carry a gun in your crotch all day. And..pointed at the jewels. just kidding guy... stay safe
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    Now, that being said. I dont know how you guys carry a gun in your crotch all day. And..pointed at the jewels. just kidding guy... stay safe
    LOL

I am certainly not a fan of any product that has a weapon worn in the regions where God intended that only good things should happen.

My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

As evidenced above, from page 2 of this post, I was ready to "stop complaining" and I was "getting over it and moving on, Man". But since you guys won't leave it alone, let's roll.
    My apologies - moving on!

Welcome to Thunderwear.com

FAQ

If I'm not satisfied can I return it?
    We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee or your money back, for ANY reason. We are so confident that you will enjoy our product, our toll free number is always on every Holster, so you can recommend our product to others.
    Did I miss where they said it it a lifetime warranty? Buy it, try it, don't like it, return it. Does not say take a lifetime to work it out.

You also say you are retired LEO. Guess what? Your uniforms wore out and someone had to pay for new ones (Dept or allowance), your vest is no good per the Mfg after 5 or 7 years, someone had to pay for a new one. Your weapon has a lifecycle of 5 yrs, someone replaces it. Patrol cars wear out in 3-5 years, someone pays for a new one. Point is, stuff wears out.

Even if you used the Thunderwear a total of 3 years out of 10, that is still only $15 dollars a year or $1.25 a month.

Could their reply have been presented more respectfully? Yes, but damn dude, you've got to be kidding.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I won't wear/use either product, but I don't find anything "poor" about the CS response. When something wears out, I buy a new one. I don't e-mail the company asking for anything.

Ouch. You sent an e-mail telling a company how important you were, hopping for something for nothing and a little ego stroking. When the company gives you the so what you threaten them a little then come here looking for support and get none. Life is tough isn't it?

As for the repair, how about a patch, needle, and thread. Take it to a local seamstress if needed, this would be cheaper then postage sending it back anyway.

Administrator
    Did I miss the bandwagon?

Sorry, doode you're out of line. Also, as a current LEO, I got to point out that it is classless to try and use a badge to pull this off. Especially so when you dont even have that badge anymore.
    The product was well beyond its service life, and I don't blame them one bit for the response they gave you. It was an honest reply.
    Sorry.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Allright, I understand. Maybe I expected too much. I'm willing to live with it.

About mentioning the cop thing, that was to let them know what class of gun toter was using their product. They have no problems using my professions to support the sale of their product.

This company has this right on the home page:

THE ONLY "WEAR WHAT YOU WANT" CONCEALED HOLSTER!

Accept no Imitations

The #1 Choice of Law Enforcement, Undercover Agents, Military and anyone who requires a total Concealed Carry Gun Holster

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links