5.1.1 Belts

5.1.1 Belts

This is a discussion on 5.1.1 Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a huge collection of "top tier" holsters, belts, etc from Alessi, Nossar, Bulman, Sparks, etc and honestly never thought I would recommend a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.1.1 Belts

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar

5.1.1 Belts

I have a huge collection of "top tier" holsters, belts, etc from Alessi, Nossar, Bulman, Sparks, etc and honestly never thought I would recommend a "low end" product. Last week I ordered some 5.1.1 pants which came with free belts, the belts alone were worth more than the pants! Anyway, I tried one on and it is a excellent ccw belt, 1.5 wide, reinforced for holsters and 1/4 inch thick made of pretty decent leather and with nice buckles. For $35 you can't go wrong with these, they come in the usual colors and assorted patterns. My only issue is sizing, they come in Small, Medium, Large, XL and XXL but give a decent description of what waist size each correlates to. Mine was right on the money, secured at the middle hole and they come with seven holes. I give them a 9 out of 10 so if your looking for a decent looking, great leather belt for ccw check them out.

I saw the belt included in one of the gun rags. It looks like a cheaper version of a Wilderness belt. Have you tried a Wilderness belt to compare? I have belts from Sparks, Del Fatti, Rosen, and Beltman but usually use a Wilderness belt!

Senior Moderator
    Did you get them from LA Police Gear ?

I ordered 2 pairs of pants and the yahoos sent me two of the same belt.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Yep, LAPG, they sent me one black and one brown. What's your thoughts on the belt? Orangehole, these are leather not the fabric belts.

The belts are a grab bag deal. They just grab the number and size and toss them in the box. I was sent the same color/style also, but for free I won't be complaining.
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

NRA is selling a 5:11 tactical belt for $29.00. It compares favorably with my Wilderness belts.

I have a 5:11 in OD green. Other than it's color, I love the belt for the purpose. The OD green is somewhat shiny and I think it draws too much attention to it's purpose
    2A is not negotiable

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Yep, LAPG, they sent me one black and one brown. What's your thoughts on the belt? Orangehole, these are leather not the fabric belts.
    I've gotten three sets of pants from them on that deal, and EVERY single one came with a black, basketweave belt...the one belt style I have no use for.

Otherwise, they look like great quality belts, and I'll probably be ebaying them off.

Hi Mike,

I ordered a pair of pants for the belt. I hope the pants are something I will wear. The looked like they might fit tight so I ordered the next size up. My wife might have an alteration to do. But I wanted to see the belt.

When you and Twin Carry speak about holsters and belts I just listen and try not to talk. Maybe I am like a new freshman eagerly listening to the most admired professors in the university.

Regards,
    Jerry

Jerry, actually those pants have elastic in the waistband and are quite comfortable. I ordered my actual size and all my IWB types fit quite comfortably. Hard to describe, not a true elastic waist but enough to provide a good fit. Hope that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Jerry, actually those pants have elastic in the waistband and are quite comfortable. I ordered my actual size and all my IWB types fit quite comfortably. Hard to describe, not a true elastic waist but enough to provide a good fit. Hope that make sense.
    Thanks, Mike. I probably bought them too large, but my wife can take them up. I think I understand the elastic waist. I like that as sometimes after a meal my pants are tight. I am 5-9 and 176. I normally find 36 pants have plenty of room, but I ordered 38. I also did not want a 36 belt. When a holster is put on it takes some room out of the belt.

Thanks for the explanation, my friend.

Regards,
    Jerry

No problem and the belts are not waist sized, they come S,L,XL and so on. I have a 38 waist and the belt's an XL which is a perfect fit to the center hole.

Stay away from the 5.11 belts. Sure they work for a few weeks - until the leather starts peeling away from the top and bottoms of the internal stiffner. The instructor belts are somewhat ok. But I wasted my time and money on the leather ones. Just FYI for those considering. I was warned, but tried anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Stay away from the 5.11 belts. Sure they work for a few weeks - until the leather starts peeling away from the top and bottoms of the internal stiffner. The instructor belts are somewhat ok. But I wasted my time and money on the leather ones. Just FYI for those considering. I was warned, but tried anyway.
    Hi flyboy,

Do all of them have the stiffner? For some reason I did not think the belts under discussion were of double layer construction.

Regards,
    Jerry

All I usually wear are the 5.11 shorts, but...

I'd order the Wilderness 5-stitch...maybe it's $10 bucks more ($39.00), but I know it's going to be around a loooooong time...it's worth the few extra bucks.
    OMO, but after 4-5 years, the Wilderness belts are still working.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links