iwb or owb

iwb or owb

This is a discussion on iwb or owb within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a glock 17 and a cz75 i have a variety of holsters both guns fit in the same size holster other then kydex ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iwb or owb

Question iwb or owb

i have a glock 17 and a cz75 i have a variety of holsters both guns fit in the same size holster other then kydex i am 5'6 140 on a good day i have found that i can conceal well with all of them however my uncle mikes kydex seem to be the best for me for the past month or so i have been trying all the holsters around the house and friends none of which even know i own a gun my uncle who is a carrier and lives for all that go bang has never even noticed if i can conceal a fullsize as small as i am then anybody should be able to canceal all but the biggest handgun its all about what is comfy and what you are willing to where for me its a small sports jacket or a hoody 1 size big this is just my 2 cents so you may dissagree what do you all think

I carry a Fullsize IWB in just shorts and tshirt in summer time With no problem ... Good Belt Good holster goes a long way to helping

Ya have to wear what you are comfortable

Assistant Administrator
    I OWB exclusively but my build and clothing options make that a breeze - not so for some, where IWB definitely suits better.

I reckon tho judging by many comments, most feel OWB is more comfortable if it works - for you! You really IMO have to try both methods - and preferable as Bud said with a good enough belt and also - again preferably, with good leather. It is hard to beat.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

los
    It's OWB for me. I tried carrying IWB but it was too uncomfortable. I tried it with 3 different holsters. I gave up on IWB carry after I purchased a Sparks VM-2 for the USPc45 and it was still uncomfortable.

If you can't carry comfortably with a VM-2,...you just can't carry IWB!

just my 02.

I'm 6' and 175lbs. I can conceal my GLOCK 26 in a iwb Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. very easily at the 5 o'clock position. With a normal 1.5" leather belt and snug t-shirts the gun disapears. Man I love this holster. I would bet I could conceal a GLOCK 17 fairly easily during the winter.

Do you ever stop to breath, or do you really talk like you type? LOL! Capitals and punctuation once in awhile helps us old folks! It's a bear to start listening more slowly!

Actually, whether I go IWB, OWB, "pocket", or vest depends on what I'm going to carry, where I'm going, and my "dress code" for the day. I prefer a vertical rake OWB I can carry at 3:30 if my clothes allow, or if I'm driving I can cross-carry the same. Otherwise, a pocket, IWB, or my vest may be used if other conditions dictate.

There are some GREAT holster folks here, and experienced CC folks, with years of experience,that can help you sort through all of your options. Listen to them, and you can short-circuit the learning curve a lot!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well, unfortunately no one is gonna tell you what is right for you...except you. Thats the basic truth.....

I have people call me to talk about holsters...and they get into.."Ive been looking at this gun also". So we talk about quality and reliability issues of various firearms. With gun leather we cover everything including...personal build/environment/dress style/activity level/etc... to see if its suitable for them. Gun and holster style included. But the thing is there are no rules...

Whatever works for you is what works for you ........

Look around and see what you like and what you think is gonna suit you. Go from there.

Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    Do you ever stop to breath, or do you really talk like you type? LOL! Capitals and punctuation once in awhile helps us old folks! It's a bear to start listening more slowly!
    I do talk that way lol. No I just get in a hurry.I will try to type better

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    After checking out some of the holster makers sites, and getting a idea of how you want to carry. Give one of them a call and discuss your wants and needs. You do not have to be uncomfertable while packing. Save yourself some money by get a holster that you like the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by wishicould
    I do talk that way lol. No I just get in a hurry.I will try to type better
    LOL!

A NY attorney once looked at me and asked "Do you think as slow as you talk?"

My response was "No. Are you as ignorant as that question made you sound?"

We ended up great frinds, or as close as I can be with an attorney.....

Hope you're getting the information you need. You'll still probably end up with a drawer full of carry gear.....

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Both IWB and OWB. Sometimes shifting or canting just a wee bit makes all the difference. The cheap stuf may give one an idea about what it's like but look carefully at what Gary Brommeland has...and get a GOOD belt. Keep an open mind, because who knows what design improvements are in the works. None of us have the same body shape, and some of us will change as we add or lose weight. Finnaly, keep it simple. Find rigs for summer, winter, sitting and stick with them. Practice with each untill they become second nature.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Good morning!
    First post on Combat Carry.
    I carried for years IWB and had no problems. Mostly with VMII's. I finally tried OWB and found I liked it better. I wear the same garments either way. I carry several different weapons (not at the same time) None larger than 4in. .

Welcome pistolwhipped! Pop over to introductions and tell us about yourself and your guns! Why don't you carry 'em all at the same time?

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome PW

Interesting to hear your comment re IWB transition to OWB!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Hey pistolwhipped

Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for joining us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links