New Smart Carry Holster demo

This is a discussion on New Smart Carry Holster demo within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New to me anyways....I don't own one and probably won't, but for those interested in the Smart Carry Holster here is a good demo of ...

Thread: New Smart Carry Holster demo

New to me anyways....I don't own one and probably won't, but for those interested in the Smart Carry Holster here is a good demo of how to use it "comfortably."

Smart Carry Demo
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Well, good video! I have one, and I've been trying it out and working with it for my carry to the gym in sweats. I've been attempting to wear mine too high as I wanted the pistol's grip just at or above my belt line. I learned something of use today, and I'll be working with it this afternoon. Observation: the guy's finger comes awfully close to the trigger in this video. I'd be a bit more careful than that with a loaded chamber. Thanks for posting.

VIP Member
    Good video: I've been meaning to join that forum. Anyway, as stated elsewhere I have a squeeze-cocker in my Thunderwear. It actually works pretty well and I like having options to go with my dress code, and not the other way around.

BTW: For those who may not be aware, these two vendors have something in common. They apparently share the same patent number so perhaps it’s a gentlemen’s agreement or just clever marketing.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Okay...this helped me out pretty much, and everything is comfortable. All I need to do is practice rolling my belt down out of the way for the draw. However.......Mr Wang really loved hanging down and to the right at about a 45°. Now he has to point straight down or get crushed. Not many dudes should be checking out other dudes 'packages', but the ladies might be soon disappointed as now there's a slab slide of a G27 where there used to be a bulge. I somehow feel unnatural at the moment, but sitting here in the chair is a breeze. Thing I'd like to know is what happens when I have to whiz? How am I supposed to get that thing out of the way and keep from tinkling on it? Any suggestions would be appreciated, and no....I don't think a second video would be necessary.

Did you just say "tinkle"?

VIP Member
    Reason number two for the stall while in public restrooms. Otherwise, I just flip the entire arrangement up towards my belly.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

+1 on simply simply inverting the SmartCarry, pivoting it up with the muzzle of the weapon at about your belly button. You're obviously putting pressure against the holster so the pistol doesn't slide out. I kind of cup my right hand against the heel of the pistol so no one can catch enough of a glimpse as I do the flip - but, again, who the heck is looking? By doing the flip up everything is out of the way of the business at hand.

I've done this at very busy facilities with no dividers between - no problem.

+1 also on the squeeze cocker, which is funny as heck when talking about using the SmartCarry, but I wanted something down there with a safety so I don't go off half-cocked, or un-squeezed, or......... never mind.

VIP Member
    Best video I've seen in the SmartCarry yet!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Well, since my last post in this thread, I wore my smartcarry with G27 to the hospital for a visit, in and out of the truck four or five times, and in and out of the grocery store and home. Works good, but makes me sweat a bit more in the land down under. Not quite ready to wear all day, and no....I didn't need to stop and do my business or the flip (yet). This holster/carry method is going to work out well for me, and a special thanks to Grady. This video put me a few steps ahead, and got me motivated today. Draw from this location wearing sweatpants or shorts at the gym will be easy. Thanks to all who got me moving on this today.

I have a smart carry that I use for my Taurus Millennium PRO .45 I wear with shorts and T shirt. Seemd the only reasonable holster to wear with minimal outer wear. I have a 24/7 PRO Taurus .45, but it sort of looks a bit "funny" with the Smart Carry holster. It has a 4" barrel, and the Millennium PRO is shorter in both the barrel, overall length, and the grip, making it a much better choice for this holster. I have even carreid the Bersa .380 Thunder that I have for my wife, but when I do that, it means she had the Taurus 24/7 PRO .45 for a defensive pistols and she has problems with it and it's recoil and her carpal tunnel in her wrists, and her inexperience in handguns in general. So, to cure the taking of my (her's at home) Bersa, I bought a Millennium PRO, in same caliber so I don't mix up shells. Nice thing is it will take the 12 round 24/7 PRO magazine just fine. Sticks out the bottom a bit, but other than that it locks in place. Just not the other way around. Had I gotten the 10 rd 24/7 PRO (with the shorter grips, it might have been a bit different.
    Vern
    http://Taurus45ACP.com
    My wesbsite with many pro-gun links.
    Carry Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP

Too many ways for things to wrong to suit me. I'll stick with the tried and true conventional methods. Just my opinion. YMMV
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

For more vids on the SmartCarry holster check out these on youtube. I found them to be quite helpful.

YouTube - Smart Carry versatility
    YouTube - Smart Carry with dress pants
    YouTube - Smart Carry Draw

I bought mine a couple of months ago primarily to wear with gym shorts or under a bathrobe. It's so comfy and conceals so well that I wear it most of the time now. I carry a Glock 26 and it disappears! I tend to wear my pants a bit low so my belt is just above the grip of my weapon. Easy to draw from.

I also just flip to the SmartCarry up to "tinkle". It took me a bit of practice before I got comfortable doing that.

SmartCarry and Thunderwear have the same patent because SmartCarry used to be Thunderwear. It's on the SmartCarry website.

I use a SC holster and love it--it is great for business attire.

A couple things to note that I didn't see mentioned in the video or feel differently about compared to the presenter:

-- I wear the back of the holster higher above my rear. The straps are up near my belt line and the gun is carried low in the front. In this way, the holster gets better anchored at the top of the rear and seems to stay put better.

-- Although the presenter tucks his shirt into the holster in the back, I following the instructions that came with the holster, namely to pull the shirt out and lay it over the back of the holster between 3 and 9 o'clock positions. This hides the band in the back in the event you bend over. That way it doesn't look like a holster or, even worse, that you tuck you shirt into your underwear.

The only complaint about it comes from my wife who no longer just cops a feel when I walk by.

I love my smart carry for my PM9 & an extra mag. Its perfect with shorts & a t-shirt you would never know it was there & I often forget its there

hing I'd like to know is what happens when I have to whiz? How am I supposed to get that thing out of the way and keep from tinkling on it? Any suggestions would be appreciated, and no....I don't think a second video would be necessary.
    I just wear my SC about 2" to the right and urinating is no problem at all!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Links