Crossbreed has made a lifelong customer...

This is a discussion on Crossbreed has made a lifelong customer... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls I have 2. 1 for my G27 & another for my Beretta M9. It is comfortable. I have a question though. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossbreed has made a lifelong customer...

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
    I have 2. 1 for my G27 & another for my Beretta M9.
    It is comfortable.

I have a question though. 2 actually.

1 - What position around the waist is best? I wear it about about 2 o'clock. If I wear it at 3 or more it prints too much.
    2 - any recommendation to help with it sliding on my belt? I have a 2 3/4" belt & it's as tight as I can wear it. Yet the gun will slide to the 3'o clock sometimes if I'm moving around. Like bending over or lifting things etc.
    I wear mine at about 4 oclock. I also noticed that when i changed the cant on it that it helped alot. Im not sure this is the "sweet spot". I just got it friday but its the sweetest so far. Play with the cant. It can make a big difference. As for the moving around, I dont know. Mine doesnt. Hell after i get it on i can barley move it if i need to. Hope this helps.

2. Remove Ads

wow, this is the kind of thread ya like to see right after you order a product.

I just ordered (last Sunday) a Mini-Tuck for my LCP, as with anything you order "site-unseen" there is some trepidation.

But after reading these reviews, I'm confident I made the right choice.

it will be a couple of weeks before I can write my own review, but I'll get around to it.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Ok, Im going to play the bad guy here, please refrain from the flaming and other non-holster related BS.

I am torn between a Crossbreed holster and Comp-Tac's Minotaur MTAC. From what I can see, both the Crossbreed and MTAC are VERY similar in design.

A few key things that concern me with the Crossbreed is the back side of the holster that contacts the body. Im not a undershirt kind of guy unless its for work (where I cant conceal). Im in AZ and undershirts dont make the heat any more tolerable. My issue is with the hardware on the backside of the Crossbreed. Does it bother anyone? MTAC has the back side hardware covered resulting in no hardware contact against the body.

Secondly, MTAC has interchangeable half bodies enabling the user to use the same setup for a different gun without having to purchase a whole new holster setup.

Finally, MTAC offers different clip setups as opposed to Crossbreeds one option.

I have not read any issues with Comp-Tac's customer service anywhere, but all I have read is good things about Crossbreeds customer service and their "if it breaks, send it back to get fixed or replaced" ala Springfield Armory style.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
    Ok, Im going to play the bad guy here, please refrain from the flaming and other non-holster related BS.

I am torn between a Crossbreed holster and Comp-Tac's Minotaur MTAC. From what I can see, both the Crossbreed and MTAC are VERY similar in design.

A few key things that concern me with the Crossbreed is the back side of the holster that contacts the body. Im not a undershirt kind of guy unless its for work (where I cant conceal). Im in AZ and undershirts dont make the heat any more tolerable. My issue is with the hardware on the backside of the Crossbreed. Does it bother anyone? MTAC has the back side hardware covered resulting in no hardware contact against the body.

Secondly, MTAC has interchangeable half bodies enabling the user to use the same setup for a different gun without having to purchase a whole new holster setup.

Finally, MTAC offers different clip setups as opposed to Crossbreeds one option.

I have not read any issues with Comp-Tac's customer service anywhere, but all I have read is good things about Crossbreeds customer service and their "if it breaks, send it back to get fixed or replaced" ala Springfield Armory style.
    When i first wore mine the leather was alittle ruff. Super comfortable now and i think it helps keep it in place. The hardware wasnt a issue. Have never felt it. As for the second part of your question, I dont think its designed to be changed out daily for different weapons. I could be wrong though. (I dont have one.) For the third part of your question as far as clips, Im pretty sure crossbreed does offer different styles. Standard, j-hook, and v-clip. I hope this helps. Im sure both holsters are nice.

I also noticed your from AZ. If you decide to go with crossbreed you may want to check out their horse hide option. Its supposed to be better with sweat in hot climates.

I first ordered the super-tuck in the horse hide and was so pleased with it that I ordered a belt and OWB holster as well and love those just as much. I will eventually order another OWB for my 1911 when I go camping and hiking. The customer service is fantastic the turn around time was amazing and when they had a question on a special request for my belt they called me right up just to make sure.

Is it possible to get horse-hide on just the back portion? I like the black color and would prefer that in front...but I want the comfort because I have heard it is better in warmer climates...

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
    2 - any recommendation to help with it sliding on my belt? I have a 2 3/4" belt & it's as tight as I can wear it. Yet the gun will slide to the 3'o clock sometimes if I'm moving around. Like bending over or lifting things etc.
    Your belt is too wide and does not allow the clips to get below the bottom edge, try it with a 1.5 or at most a 1.75 inch belt and that problem will go away.

The hardware is flush and flat and does not cause any comfort issues, we have well over 30,000 SuperTucks out there now and we have had maybe 5 or 10 folks have an issue with that.

While some folks do like the interchangeable bodies, we feel it's better to use one holster for one gun, especially once the leather takes the shape of the gun. I also feel the hardware will get loose over time and the holster will wear out sooner if you are always swapping stuff around on it, but that's pretty much just my personal opinion.

We also offer multiple clip options.
    Here's a link

faq

Quote Originally Posted by Blakestr View Post
    Is it possible to get horse-hide on just the back portion? I like the black color and would prefer that in front...but I want the comfort because I have heard it is better in warmer climates...
    The backer of the holster is the only portion that can be had in leather or horsehide anyway, the rest is steel (clips) or kydex (scabbard)
    Here's a link

options

Thanks
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I had never used the supertruck until so many people raved about them... I now carry one...Kudos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links