yet another supertuck vs mtac thread... - Page 2

yet another supertuck vs mtac thread...

This is a discussion on yet another supertuck vs mtac thread... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think they are both excellent holsters but the fit and finish of the MTAC just looks better to me....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yet another supertuck vs mtac thread...

I think they are both excellent holsters but the fit and finish of the MTAC just looks better to me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I think they are both excellent holsters but the fit and finish of the MTAC just looks better to me.
    Until you get a different body for the MTAC and the leather is a one size fits all - and the gun & Kydex body hangs off the leather and is extremely uncomfortable at that point.

I have never understood why people give the MTAC a better quality and looks rating. It is just not true. MTAC uses a more earthy tone - where the CB utilizes a black dye. The extra leather is there only in spots where the mounts are for the kydex bodies on the MTAC - it is a cover up for the hardware - not better quality. The MTAC is thicker and is not as comfortable as the CB. Another thing I do not understand - even if a holster "looks" better - why would that even be considered with an IWB?

I have the MTAC and love it. Still I hear awesome things about Crossbreed. It seems like either way you will be making a right choice. How it fits you should be the most important question answered.

How many use the velcro clips?
    Are they easier or harder to use than regular clips?
    Most over-the-belt clips look big and obtrusive to me, and seem to me to advertise "concealed weapon".
    Also, do most of you get two gun belts, one in black and one in brown?
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

I've had good experiences with Comptac on the several holsters I've purchased from them. I've been very happy with the MTac. Mine fits all of my Glocks
    ( 17,19,26, 27,23 & 36 ) There is an imprint of the basic Glock frame on the inner leather, so I don't know how well switching out the kydex body for another gun would work out. I have also have a Crossbreed minituck. The MTac has a more detailed leather backing and no exposed metal.I also like the clips better on the Mtac. So, between the two, I'd go with the Mtac.

+1.0X10^100 Crossbreed Supertuck.

I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck and just recently got one of their belts. Extremely comfortable, extremely functional, great customer service, and a lifetime warranty.

-JT

P.S. - Heh...we keep getting more of these threads, and the Supertuck vs. MTac debate will be on par with the old 9mm vs. .45ACP debate.

Quote Originally Posted by onetuza View Post
    How many use the velcro clips?
    Are they easier or harder to use than regular clips?
    Most over-the-belt clips look big and obtrusive to me, and seem to me to advertise "concealed weapon".
    Also, do most of you get two gun belts, one in black and one in brown?
    I use the velcro clips. I would not say the v clips are easier you use - but rather much more stealth than any of the other. They hold the gun great. But if you are not tucking - why fool with them? I use mine all the time when carrying IWB. But it seems I am doing a lot more OWB and even OCing.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I use the velcro clips. I would not say the v clips are easier you use - but rather much more stealth than any of the other. They hold the gun great. But if you are not tucking - why fool with them? I use mine all the time when carrying IWB. But it seems I am doing a lot more OWB and even OCing.
    Would have to tuck at work.
    Right now I switch off from pocket carry to Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster to Smart Carry.
    No OC in Florida (except at home)
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links