yet another supertuck vs mtac thread...

This is a discussion on yet another supertuck vs mtac thread... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been on the fence for quite some time about either of these holsters. Hoping others have been in my position. My main reason ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yet another supertuck vs mtac thread...

So I've been on the fence for quite some time about either of these holsters. Hoping others have been in my position.

My main reason for preferring the MTAC is the ability to switch the kydex out so i can carry my SIG 229. It has been my EDC (Fobus or SmartCarry)for the past year . However, i just purchased a G23 and will be switching to it for my EDC, and want to go IWB. If I have the option I'm sure i'll still carry my 229 occasionally, so the MTAC would be great for those days.

it seems both offer excellent products and customer service, and I really would love to try both...however I don't neccessarily want to have to deal with returning one if it doesn't work out...trying to make the right purchase the first time here! Has anyone purchased both, evaluated, and returned the 'losing' candidate? Was it relatively hassle free?

Price is not an object, neither is style. Comfort,fit, and concealabilty are my main concerns.

I almost pulled the trigger on a supertuck with a belt tonight...but decided to post here instead.

Thanks in advance!

I have not used a mtac, but can say that the supertucks are one of the most comfortable holsters out there. I own 3 and the only one I use more often is my Brommeland Max Con V.

I was in your position a while back and had to decide between the two. I already had a Super Tuck so I thought Id try the MTac. I got screwed by their not so great customer service ... buy the Crossbreed its a great holster.

I have one of each and am very happy with both.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I wouldn't switch out the kydex to fit another gun. I have had my MTAC for over a year now and the Glock 26 imprint is pretty significant. I don't think another gun would "fit" now.

Just get two if cost is not an obstacle. I have tried several other makes and have always come back to the MTAC.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I dont have a mtac but i dont "think" it is meant to be switched out to another gun. Could be wrong though. I do have a supertuck. (to be fair, i havent had it but a few days. Got it friday.) I can say that it is comfortable and is quality. It conceals well. I like it ALOT. So much so that i ordered a belt from them sat night. Ive heard good things about both holsters and am sure you will be happy with either. Just wanted to let you know the super-tuck rocks.

Crossbreed is a great holster but to ME I prefer the MTAC
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I where an MTAC and its a great holster, I would not buy anything else. Yes the web site says things about changing out the kydex but like posted the leather forms to your weapon very nicely. Changing to a new weapon would be like breaking the thing in all over again and probably not worth it. Hell I can make out the imprint of CW 40 on the leather in my holster.

I've got an M-TAC, have been happy with it, and have used the ability to change the Kydex to fit two different guns. Didn't wear it with the first gun very long, so don't know if leather imprinting would be a problem.

I have both the Supertuck and the Crossbreed belt and wear them every day. I've been really happy with my S/T and although I haven't owned an MTAC I doubt I could be happier than I am already. Customer service is great at Crossbreed plus he's a small business guy which I personally enjoy supporting. Either way you'll get a great holster from what I've heard, but I'd vote two Supertucks!

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Saw this thread and thought I'd jump in and mix it up a little. Here's one that I have on order from K&D. It's their new IWB they call the "Stampede Defender."

There's a write-up from K&D that prompted me to order one you can check out here. New IWB Hybrid Holster at K&D Holsters - Glock Talk

Nice, but not tuckable.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetuza View Post
    Nice, but not tuckable.
    It IS tuckable if you order the tuckable clips. I ordered both so I can switch out. This one's for my Glock 19.

You can switch out the clips with the snap loops pretty quick and easy.

When I first saw this, I wanted one immediately. It's my first IWB, and I've never used Kydex, and I don't make them, so I made sure I covered all the bases--I wanted the snap loops, but also wanted the tuckable option.

I have both the MTAC and CB SuperTuck. I purchased the MTAC for the ability to swap out bodies. I started swapping out the body last week and got interupted. I have had my MTAC for almost 2 years and have never swapped out a body. I usually just grab a OWB or my Crossbreed and go. I have to give the Crossbreed an edge for comfort, concealability and function - no bodies to swap out. Look at it this way, for the price of one MTAC with 2 bodies will almost equal 2 Crossbreed holsters that are ready to go when you are. Both are great people to work with. I have nothing bad to say about either holster.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I've only tried the SuperTuck. I liked it so much I got one of their belts and bought a MiniClip holster from them as well. Products and service are both excellent.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links