Summer /Winter carry

Summer /Winter carry

This is a discussion on Summer /Winter carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is what I carry for both seasons. Both Milt Sparks, IWB for simmer, OWB for both....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Summer /Winter carry

This is what I carry for both seasons. Both Milt Sparks, IWB for simmer, OWB for both.
    Attached Images
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Looks good to me! Is that a Glock 23 on the right? Just bought one a few weeks ago. Only holster I have for it at the moment is a CQC model 3 IWB, which I really like. Milt Sparks does fine work!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Assistant Administrator
    Looks good - but as ever I do wonder how some folks manage IWB in summer. Not in this case a comfort issue (I do not get on with them) but just due to sweat issues.

I am sure if I had a rig close to body myself - it'd be wringing wet some days!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by czman2006
    Looks good to me! Is that a Glock 23 on the right? Just bought one a few weeks ago. Only holster I have for it at the moment is a CQC model 3 IWB, which I really like. Milt Sparks does fine work!
    Yes it is CZMan, I just today bought a Brommeland Max Con V for it (IWB), and I know Milt Sparks .....Fine Holsters, but this Brommeland is better for me in the IWB carry. Gary really does great work with function! I like Milt Sparks for OWB carry. I've been to Milt Sparks Holster's shop in Idaho and those guy's are great too! You have to find your own nitch with holsters. I've got some I'll post for sale that didn't quite fit the bill. All nylon stuff.

Hey P95carry!! I know where your comming from. Like I said to CZMan....You just have to find your nitch. I'm from Fla. and now in Ga, but I alway's wear a T-Shirt tucked in and a loose squared off shirt over that. Good for the summer and some well made holsters such as the Brommeland and Sparks IWB come up high on the weapon as to not let the sweat get to it! Your not going to hurt that leather!! Have a good one and try another holster!

Hello again P95 Carry!!!! Just wanted to know,....Is that a picture of you? and if it is,....who's pullin your trigger???

I carry a Glock 23 in a C.T.A.C. IWB holster for both seasons, I have no problems with sweat really, because I generally wear 2 shirts anyway, and i have no problems, I use the Blackhawk operators belt, and everything works jus tthe way I need it to.

Assistant Administrator
    Just wanted to know,....Is that a picture of you? and if it is,....who's pullin your trigger???
    The avatar is me yes - but not sure what you mean by the trigger pulling bit - you'll have to expand on that! Or do you mean re the camera - I guess that's it.

I used the timer function - gives 10 second delay and so only the camera is at risk - it has worried folks before
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Looks good - but as ever I do wonder how some folks manage IWB in summer. Not in this case a comfort issue (I do not get on with them) but just due to sweat issues.
    I also thought about this when i first got my ccw and i decided on the Glock for the Summer time for its rust resistance and reliability. Most of the time i carry it either in a Desantis Insider or a Comp-tac and never had any rust issues. But when i can wear a jacket or coat its time to break out my 1911

HARDCORE

I have a dry, and humid carry. Temp is not realy a issue with me.
    My humid cary is a Glock 19, my dry cary is my 1911.

I use a nylon KNJ holster. It was only $15 with a cheezy velcro retention strap, but it fits like a glove, nylon soaks the sweat, and is very comfortable.

How I deal with sweat and an IWB in Summertime: I refuse to exercise and keep the exertion to a minimum. Sort of forced to these days, getting old just plain sucks! I also wear the holster between a T-shirt and an untucked, lightweight cotton button up - still getting use to two layers in the Summer heat but so far it hasn't been terribly intolerable.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    How I deal with sweat and an IWB in Summertime: I refuse to exercise and keep the exertion to a minimum. Sort of forced to these days, getting old just plain sucks! I also wear the holster between a T-shirt and an untucked, lightweight cotton button up - still getting use to two layers in the Summer heat but so far it hasn't been terribly intolerable.
    Jack
    I have found that one of the light weight "wife beater" tee shirts help. Then a light silk shirt or something of the sort as a cover. And I agree getting old sucks.

I really need to find some square bottomed cover shirts this year, I went through last year wearing regular shirts untucked and while it works, I'd rather appear a bit more ... "presentable."

VIP Member
    My summer (off-duty) carry are two Kahr 9mm's: P9 Covert and PM9. Since I live in FL, that is usually my "winter" carry gun; but FL does have its cool days (coldest this season I think went down to the low 30's at night), so I purchased a Kahr P45, to give me a common manual-of-arms for my CCW.

However, with today's good 9mm loads that are able to better defeat common (clothing) "barriers," I think having to "up gun" to a .40 caliber projectile during winter is less of a problem as it once was.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Sort of forced to these days, getting old just plain sucks!
    Jack
    True, but consider the alternative! I'll be 51 in two weeks and looking forward to it, gray hair, spare tire around waist, diabetes and all! Of course, I'm stupid that way!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links