Kramer gunbelt/belt scabbard holster?

This is a discussion on Kramer gunbelt/belt scabbard holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here have any experiance wieth Kramer gunbelts? I'm going to be ordering thier belt scabbard for my Ruger SP101 and I'm thinking it ...

Thread: Kramer gunbelt/belt scabbard holster?

Kramer gunbelt/belt scabbard holster?

Does anyone here have any experiance wieth Kramer gunbelts? I'm going to be ordering thier belt scabbard for my Ruger SP101 and I'm thinking it may be best to get on thier gun belts as well but have no experiance with them.

I have one of Kramers pocket holsters and its top notch,how is their belt scabbard holster? Is it a high ride pancake design? Thanks for any help guys.

2. Remove Ads

I have two horsehide belt scabbards with the FBI cant and love them. I have one Kramer belt and it is worth the money. Horsehide- and I do not expect it to wear out. A little too thick for dress but great on my jeans. Quality stuff.

Kramer horsehide canted scabbards are made like iron, almost like a cross between kydex and leather, but with the best qualities of both.

I found them well suited for carrying a heavy all-steel gun. I carried a CZ75BD in one for years. Two thumbs up.

While I've never used Kramer's Belts, I have used his holsters over the years and have always been happy with their product.

If you do a search you may find some post I've made in regards to Kramer. They are one of the few on my "short list". The "short list" is the short list of makers I recommend, having used their products and being happy with the results. My "short list" is pretty short and not inclusive of all the makers out there, just maker's I've used.

Greg Kramer
    Matt Del Fatti
    Milt Sparks
    Bruce Gibson
    Mitch Rosen
    Robert Mika
    Ted Blocker

I don't think I've left anybody out. Those are makers that I've personally used, and have no problems recommending.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; April 30th, 2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Add One More Holster maker

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have one of his cowhide belt scabbards. I also have his IWB.
    My personal opinion is that they are not of the quality of some other makers. They are OK.
    The belt scabbard is cut so that the gun clears the holster about 1" above the belt.

I do understand that Kramer's paddle holster is the best, but the ones I have are not equal to Sparks, Brommeland, Del Fatti, or Nossar in my opinion.

Regards,
    Jerry

Jerry made a good point (as usual).

Hope my analogy is not too far off but I compare Kramer's to STRONG trucks or suv's while Del Fatti & Nossar are Rolls Royces and Milt Sparks & Alessi's are Mercedes/BMWs. Makes sense?
    Seriously, Kramer leather holsters are built "LIKE A ROCK" (get it?), literally. They have the TOUGHEST leather I've seen yet. Very strong, dependable and it just simply does it's job, nothing more nothing less. But as fat as cosmetics goes, they are not as nice looking as the Del Fattis and Nossars, etc. Quality (e.g. stitching) are not perfect compared the the Rolls Royce of holsters.

In most list of "Top Holsters", Kramer will almost always be present. IMO, I think it's because some of their models are considered - No. 1. For example pretty or not, Kramer Pocket holsters are usually considered the best in it's class. Another example is their paddle holsters. I've literally tried numerous paddle holsters and I now consider the MSP paddle to be one of the best if not THE best. It's amazing how the MSP holster can pull a large pistol (e.g..1911 5") incredibly tight against the body. And plus, withdrawing and reholstering are both performed with ease.

Gotta show pictures!

Kramer's Ankle holsters may not be no. 1, but it's up there:

Kramer's GUNBELT? No clue. Never owned one. But I'm sure it's the same level of satisfaction.
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

twincarry I was wondering if you feel that the Kramer MSP paddle rig conceals as well as pancake style holster? I ask as I may get this for my Ruger Sp101 instead of their belt scabbard rig. Do you feel these paddle holsters will be able to conceal well under a Tshirt or polo type shirt?

Is there any way you can post a pic of you wearing this rig so I can get a general idea of how it ride on the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    twincarry I was wondering if you feel that the Kramer MSP paddle rig conceals as well as pancake style holster? I ask as I may get this for my Ruger Sp101 instead of their belt scabbard rig. Do you feel these paddle holsters will be able to conceal well under a Tshirt or polo type shirt?

Is there any way you can post a pic of you wearing this rig so I can get a general idea of how it ride on the belt?
    Ooops, I just now saw this post. I already answered your question via PM. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post

I'll repeat some of my answers here so that anyone else may want to jump in.

Bottomline, if you DO NOT require an easy "on and off"type holster then Kramer's Scabbard is the better choice for maximum concealment vs paddle, especially when wearing a Tshirt.

Kramer is superb. My 1 1/4" belt with my Kramer paddle is a daily delight. I believe their cross draw is the best. For me (6', 200), it is just the right cant.

Links