New Leather from K&D Holsters

This is a discussion on New Leather from K&D Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got in two new holsters yesterday from Kevin. Last year I sold my Colt Mustang. Then I purchased a Kahr CW9 for pocket carry. ...

Thread: New Leather from K&D Holsters

VIP Member

New Leather from K&D Holsters

Just got in two new holsters yesterday from Kevin. Last year I sold my Colt Mustang. Then I purchased a Kahr CW9 for pocket carry. It fits quite nicely in my Dockers and is now my everyday BUG and my church gun. I ordered a Pocket Defender, a belt clip mag carrier, and an upright pocket mag carrier for the Kahr. Here they are:

The Pocket Defender fits in my pocket perfectly and stays when I draw the Kahr.

The Pocket Defender can be used on the left or right side. The upright pocket mag carrier will be perfect for church carry. I usually wear a tie, but don't always wear a coat so the mag has been residing in my back pocket. It would slide around and end up at the worst possible angle at the very moment I would be trying to sit down.

The upright pocket mag carrier is shaped to confrom to the gluteus maximus and keep the mag from moving around. It works perfectly.

In January of last year I got a second 1911 and planned to customize it and then get a holster for it with some exotic skin on it. Well things like a new furnace and the economy conspired to prevent me from ever working on the 1911 so I finally sold it. Then back in January I got a CZ 75BD with Crimson Trace grips (the story is told here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ort-added.html). I decided then that I probably wasn't going to change my carry gun again for a long time so if I wanted a holster with some exotic skin on it the one for the CZ should be it. Kevin and I discussed it several times and finally decided to wait until he was a few weeks from making the holster to see what was available. When that time came we batted several options around and he mentioned beaver tail. I had not seen beaver tail on a holster so he sent me a photo of an Eagle Defender he had done with the beaver. I was hooked. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't want what everybody else has and have never been a follower of the crowd. Beaver was perfect for me because it was not something I had seen on holsters or other leather goods. So my Laredo for the CZ has beaver tail on it. Take a look.

I think it is gorgeous. The beaver tail has an almost reptilian look to it. I looks like it has scales, but it is just the way the leather looks.

I am very, very pleased. Both with the holster and with the beaver tail. I don't think I could have chosen a better combination for the CZ. Kevin has again demonstrated why he is one of America's premier leather artists.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Sweeeeeet, I really like the beaver tail!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Outstanding looking. I tried to carry my P9 in a pocket holster and it was a no go for me. I guess I don't have deep pockets like some people.

Fine looking rig. I really like the Laredo...
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Nice looking leather! I'm waiting on a Larado for my J frame. Hope to see it (and my permit) in about 6 weeks, maybe.
    Bosun
    Semper Paratus
    "Never choose a life at sea--it holds you like a prison"

Nice leather, love the scaled beaver tail.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That's a good looking Laredo. Nice choice with the beaver tail. I've got one too and I'm very happy with it. It's very distinctive.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

I have a holster, belt and mag carrier on order from them. I am glad to see you love yours.

Look like basic quality but not impressed by the finish. How thin is the leather, Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    Look like basic quality but not impressed by the finish. How thin is the leather, Sir?

WOW theres 1 in every crowd. Holster looks great & Im a big fan of the beaver of all types.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i10casual View Post
    The finish does not come out very well in my photos. I am not a photographer and use straight flash for the photos and that creates a lot of glare. As to the leather the pocket holster and the mag carriers are 6 oz. and the Laredo is 7.5 oz.

N-frame Smith's photos in this thread - http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...e-through.html - show the finish much better than mine do. Take a look at his.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Good lookin' gear! Kevin does great work.

Fair enough, it could be my monitor too.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    That beaver looks great. I have a Laredo defender on order but it is just a plane jane one.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Links