Specific OWB holster search
Guys, since I have changed jobs I am now in a place where I can open carry all day long while I work. I carry my XD45acp Service in a CompTac Minotaur (Mtac) IWB.
Its hot here in Florida and its hot in the place I work and I am finding that I can no longer stand my gun being soaked with sweat all day long.
I love my CompTac Mtac for IWB and will carry that way on days off where I am not so active as I am at work.
Today I began carrying OWB with my XD gear holster. This holster works but it sux. No retention and it places the gun too far from my body and it doesn't feel secure.
I have done a search and have not completely answered specifics as to what holster I may be looking for. I know exactly what I want in the holster but I don't have a clue which holsters will offer what I am asking. I hope you can help!
Here is my criteria that I will not compromise on:
- Must be comfortable and very good quality (price point doesn't matter)
- Keeps the heavy gun very close and tight to my body
- Rides high and feels secure (no wobble)
- Must be adjustable for cant or have a good forward cant built in
- Can be leather, kydex or a hybrid
- Has good retention without a trigger lock retention system