Smartcarry

Smartcarry

This is a discussion on Smartcarry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered my first Smartcarry holster yesterday. The Security V Model to be exact. Can't wait to try it out!...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smartcarry

Talking Smartcarry

I ordered my first Smartcarry holster yesterday. The Security V Model to be exact. Can't wait to try it out!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Smart Decision

I purchased my SmartCarry 2 years ago and have used it everyday since. I have and use other types of holsters as well but the SmartCarry is Ole' Faithful. I am sure that you will be happy with your purchase.

Give us a report after you have worn it for awhile.
    "In a moment of crisis you will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training". http://www.FreedomTrainerTarget.com

Great concealment holster, wearing it low as possible works best for me.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member
    I have to agree that my Thunderwear variant is mighty handy for deep concealment. Likewise, at 40-bucks it’s also a great value!
    Regards,
    Last edited by Saber; May 2nd, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

+1 to all the above. I end up using mine most of the time. I have 2 young kids and usually end up doing a lot of bending, lifting, reaching, wrestling on the floor, etc. and find the SmartCarry works very well to keep my weapon concealed and out of the reach of little hands.
    -LP
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Hi Saber: I agree with you that the Thunderwear is a better value if you are only looking at the price. I have used them for 8 yrs, until I found out about the Smart Carry around May 08. I now have 3 and I'm about ready to order a 4th. Why? It's simple, the Smart Carry has a waterproof barrior in the back panel...it totally has prevented any gun I carry in it from coming into contact with sweat or even condensation. So, even though the Smart Carry is more expensive...it's like the old adage...you get what you pay for. Besides I really like the owner Charlie Parrot, he's a really nice guy.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

I love my SmartCarry! Had it a couple of months now and use it most of the time. It allows me to dress neatly with a tucked in shirt. After all you can't always go around untucked!

Having read so many positive comments about "smartcarry" I will be ordering one in the next few days. I can't wait to finally receive it after the order.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
    ...the Smart Carry has a waterproof barrior in the back panel...it totally has prevented any gun I carry in it from coming into contact with sweat or even condensation. So, even though the Smart Carry is more expensive...it's like the old adage...you get what you pay for. Besides I really like the owner Charlie Parrot, he's a really nice guy.
    Actually, I did not know this! I had already decided to try the S.C. as my second option for this style, simply to see if was different ~ so now I know.
    In fact, back when I ordered the T.W. I wasn't even aware of S.C., so go figure.
    Thnaks,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

jfl
    Just remember it takes a while to get used to it, depending what you carry and what pants you wear; carrying a Glock and wearing tight jeans "commando" will make sitting, for a long period of time, uncomfortable.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

My Smartcarry arrived today, and I think I might have found my newest favorite holster! Sorry about the poor quality pictures. Cell phone camera!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Yep, I knew you's like it. I have one and you just can't beat the SmartCarry for deep concealment!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sounds like it's comfortable for you to wear. Some people try to wear it higher than it was designed to wear, and as a result it may not always be comfortable. I've started wearing looser pants since I got mine, and that helps also.

It's not for everyone, but I wear mine almost every day, even if I'm carrying OWB and pocket. If I'm out running around someplace casual, I may carry OWB and pocket. But then if I need to go to a sensitive area (I didn't say an illegal area), I can then load my SmartCarry and ditch the OWB and pocket holsters.

Glad you like yours. Mine adds a lot to my carrying capabilities.

I love my smart carry, ,it's my favorite summer holster, I used to where a pager pal and although it's a good holster the s/c is much more comfy
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

How do you like it with the 229. I have a P229 and was thinking about the smart carry. Do you carry it low or at the waistline? did you have to use larger pants like a IWB?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links