Gunbelts

Gunbelts

This is a discussion on Gunbelts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm still waiting for my permit, and realize I'll need a gunbelt to support my holster and gun. My question is, as thick as they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunbelts

Gunbelts

I'm still waiting for my permit, and realize I'll need a gunbelt to support my holster and gun.

My question is, as thick as they typically are, aren't gunbelts a bit obvious? Especially with shorts and a tucked shirt in the summer.

Or is a thick clunky belt just something most sheeple don't notice.
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

I don't about you, but I don't look at other people's belts unless they are a foot too long and hanging between someones legs!

Use my method and get your spare tire to hang over the top ... no one will see how thick your belt is.
    Last edited by sixreagans; May 2nd, 2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: spleling misteaks fickst

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
    I'm still waiting for my permit, and realize I'll need a gunbelt to support my holster and gun.

My question is, as thick as they typically are, aren't gunbelts a bit obvious? Especially with shorts and a tucked shirt in the summer.

You will be amazed at what most people, sheeple or wolf, do not notice on a day to day basis!

Get a good sturdy gun belt, you won't be let down!
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I wear my Galco 1.5 inch belt to the office every day -- some mornings when I put it on and do the mirror check I think to myself that it is obviously a gun belt. I've had this particular belt two years, and wear it regularly. Nobody has said a word, and I don't think they notice. I work with many cops, and they haven't said anything, either.

In general, the sheeple don't notice much.

CP Lincoln

Most gun belts are fashionable. They actually look quite nice with a buckle that doesn't look tactical or heavy duty.

Just look at the belts at thebeltman.net and you'll see that they don't look obvious. People won't know, they'll just think you have a nice belt.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I have an Akers B-21 gun belt - does a pretty good job and a K & D gunbelt - does a much better job and just looks nicer as well

Honestly 99.9% ofnthe people you will meet have no idea what you have on or are carrying.

Don't give people so much credit, they are not very observant . Think about the last time you really noticed someone's belt

Quote Originally Posted by George B View Post
    Don't give people so much credit, they are not very observant . Think about the last time you really noticed someone's belt
    This is true. Get a good gun belt and you will be set. I got mine from Gun Belts by The Belt Man
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

I tend to be fairly observant, I can remember seeing odd clips and leather loops on guys belts in the past, now of course I know what they were LOL

I can just hear my 77 year young mother commenting "my, your belt sure is thick, why?" The answer of course would be "to hold my pants up"
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I doubt that most non gun people even know what a gunbelt is. I wear my thick gun belt even when I'm not carrying and no one has ever said anything about it. Not that noticeable that it's thick.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

For shorts and tucked in shirt in the summertime, you might want to consider a Wilderness Tactical belt.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

I don't own one but a lot of people do.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I doubt that most non gun people even know what a gunbelt is. I wear my thick gun belt even when I'm not carrying and no one has ever said anything about it. Not that noticeable that it's thick.
    I agree. It is my opinion that we worry too much about gun belts and ignore less than the best concealment in the clothes we wear, and the way we move.

I know folks who wear 1.5" belts as their normal dress. While they are not gun belts few people will know what a gun belt is.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    For shorts and tucked in shirt in the summertime, you might want to consider a Wilderness Tactical belt.

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

I don't own one but a lot of people do.

I do! I do! Wilderness belts are awesome! You can get them in different colors and they have one with a double ring buckle that doesn't look tactical. Plus they ship fast, are reasonably priced, and hold up well! And if you manage to actually wear one out, just send them the buckle and they'll put a new belt on it for a reduced price!

VIP Member
    For the past few years, I have sorta stopped wearing belts since I usually opt for un-tucked T’s or Hawaiian style shirts. Still, there are those times, and like everything else, I demand quality. The nicer belts cost a lot and those that taper around the waist, or taper in the front are often the highest. The instructor belts are cool looking too!

Now, I personally believe that quite a few people actually do look at belts; especially women, cops and of course, other conceal-carry folks.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links