Vests

This is a discussion on Vests within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you like me are a little (lot) larger Casual Male has a vest simular to the one in THE COMPLETE BOOK of ...

Thread: Vests

Vests

For those of you like me are a little (lot) larger Casual Male has a vest simular to the one in THE COMPLETE BOOK of HANDGUNS 2006 that Ayoob liked, it looks like the the Rothco Outback but with a different name. I had one before and it was my favorite too. Price is not bad at 45.00. I know some call it the shoot me first vest but I like it for all the stuff I carry...PDA,Phone, camera, etc.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Thumbs up

There are some people here that wear them so the information is helpful. Thanks for posting.

OK I just did some web searching. I'm back!
    this must be the one you're talking about.

Here is the link to the Casual Male Page Click Here
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    N8R - welcome to CC

My Smith & Alexander vests are not IMO the obvious ''gun shouting'' garments at all. These are made in Garland Texas and I rate them.

Not super cheap IIRC at around the $40+ region but - lot of size options I recall - I choose always the blue denim - more practical IMO than Khaki. If I can find a link or info I'll come back with it.

Only thing is - thinking on it - maybe not enough pockets for your needs - just two lower front and one left top and small inner - that may be a prob' for you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a link - tho the pic is rather less than ideal. Best you call if you feel you want more info. I always had a very helpful lady to deal with on phone calls.

1/800-SA2-1911 or 1/888-722-1911

http://www.smithandalexander.com/apparel.html
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I second the Smith and Alexander...I wear a black one every day...I have 2 actually(one I keep for "dress up" occasions).I did however get a "tactical 5.11" vest last week.I like all the pockets,but it's a bit heavy,so I'll probably wear it in cooler weather instead of a jacket.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

I'm a Banana Republic snob. Cue the dancing banana's! (I'm smiley challenged)
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I use 2 vests.. where one of em almost every day. When it is cold out I wear a Quilted Vest I picked up at Flying J Truck Stop. It has essentially the same front pocket lay out as a 5.11 & only cost me 19.00, in the warmer months I wear a 5.11 vest, Between the 2 of these i amn covered they work great & even if they scream GUN!!!!!!!! I really dont mind.
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by N8R
    For those of you like me are a little (lot) larger Casual Male has a vest simular to the one in THE COMPLETE BOOK of HANDGUNS 2006 that Ayoob liked, it looks like the the Rothco Outback but with a different name. I had one before and it was my favorite too. Price is not bad at 45.00. I know some call it the shoot me first vest but I like it for all the stuff I carry...PDA,Phone, camera, etc.
    FUNNY you should mention that vest. I just picked up mine from the UPS man an hour ago. IT fits me perfectly. Plus, it has about 50 pockets.

If you are a big fella like me, I recommend it.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

1952 - 2006
    In the summertime here in Las Vegas I frequently wear the CampCo photo safari vest.

Here is a link and photos.

http://www.campco.com/safari_vests.html
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    my untucked t shirt does me fine in warm weather, when its cold i want a real coat lol if i wear a vest at all its a boreing old carheart with only 2 pockets lol

VIP Member
    I have four (actually three now, one is beyond repair) Scott eVests (with the removable sleeves...so they are really jackets that convert to vests) that Ayoob was describing in that article. I've had them for about four years or so. They are cut a bit big which is great, stand-up to repeated washings, can holster tons of stuff securely and look good.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

i have an original banana republic vest from 15+ years ago.
    it werks great but my main vest, when i need a lil more dressy option w/o an ntucked shirt, is the typical leather biker vest.
    just long enough to cover my IWB holster with a 1911. and i can even reach up over my head and not "really" show off the goods.
    normal movements will just show the belt straps and its stiff enough not to print.
    sheeple don't notice the retention straps of an IWB.
    most of us would though i believe.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Links