S&W M&P 45 Compact Holster???

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 45 Compact Holster??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this forum and I am loving all of the insight and information it has provided so far! I am an active ...

Thread: S&W M&P 45 Compact Holster???

S&W M&P 45 Compact Holster???

I am new to this forum and I am loving all of the insight and information it has provided so far! I am an active duty Security Forces Law Enforcement officer that has served for the last 13 years and have carried a Beretta 9mm at work and owned Glocks at home.

I finally purchased myself my first .45 pistol on Thursday in the form of a S&W M&P 45 Compact and was wondering if anyone has found any CCW holsters specific for this model. I have surfed and seached the web and found very few options, mostly holsters that are for the Full size .45 or 9mm/.40 compact M&P's.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
    TSgt STAPLES
    S&W M&P 45 Compact

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    If it is like most compact models the slide is the same length as the full size. The pistol butt/handle is the only difference.

So, if that is indeed the case with the M&P, any holster for the S&W M&P full size will work.

Suggestions:

TT Gunleather
    CompTac Victory Gear
    Tucker Holsters
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Check out Little Bear Custom Holsters He list on his website that he makes them for the M&P45 Compact. Seems like a very nice guy and I plan on ordering from him on Monday.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Give Kevin a call at K&D Holsters K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories
    He can fix you up. His work is second to none. I have holsters from Kevin for all my pistols. I also have one coming for my newest Glock. Also welcome from another from the show me state.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    I have them for all M&P's

I appreciate all of your responses, I can't believe there are so many options out there that I did not find myself searching the web!!! I will be spending all of Sunday shopping on the web for a new CCW holster!!!
    TSgt STAPLES
    S&W M&P 45 Compact

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ompact+holster

Try this thread, also did you do a search on mp-pistol.com?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Welcome from Las Vegas, Nevada!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    The FIST Dave Spaulding at a 25-degree muzzle-forward cant is my M&P 45c holster. I can wear it strong side, where, somehow, it works out to a straight drop; or I can wear it cross draw. FIST custom added the sweat guard, doubled the cant for me and can make almost any holster IWB or OWB (like mine) or leather or kydex (like mine).
    Attached Images
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    If it is like most compact models the slide is the same length as the full size. The pistol butt/handle is the only difference.
    So, if that is indeed the case with the M&P, any holster for the S&W M&P full size will work.
    The grip and slide thicknesses are exactly the same between the 45FS and 45C. That is Grip Frame Thickness Maximum (all in inches and from gunblast) 1.190 to 1.321, Grip Frame Thickness Minimum 1.082, and Slide Thickness 1.082. Other comparisons:
    Spec 45 45C
    Height w/mag 5.4 5.085
    Overall Length 7.75 7.25
    Barrel Length 4.6 4.03
    Ammo Capacity 10+1 8+1

Remember the option to use the mag without the butt pad.

My leather Mitch Rosen President X is made for the M&P 40 compact but can take my M&P 45c. However, my Comp-tac belt holster for the 40c won't open enough to take the width of the 45c.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I currently own a Blackhawk S&W M&P 45 Serpa Holster and it fits in fine, but it is definitely not a good option for concealment for me that is. I have a Glock 27 inside of a blackhawk pancake holster and the M&P almost fits in it as well, which is a much better concelament option for me because it is fitted to the body much better.

I have been looking on the net everywhere and without having one custom made the only place I have found a holster specifically made for the .45C is on Fobus.com I guess the search continues! Thanks for all the responses guys, I may have to have one made custom here soon!
    TSgt STAPLES
    S&W M&P 45 Compact

I carry mine in a crossbreed supertuck
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links