Need help with holster!

Need help with holster!

This is a discussion on Need help with holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the best holster for concealing the Sig P220...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with holster!

Need help with holster!

What is the best holster for concealing the Sig P220
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Try this link i found using the search feature in the appropriate forum.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-sig-p220.html
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Look here...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Depends on what you are looking for. There are many fine holster makers that contribute to this forum regularly. I have been fortunate enough to buy a couple of Side Guard Holsters that really fit the bill for me.

I think the next question should be "How many holsters are in your holster drawer?".

Good luck on your search!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod012889 View Post
    Are you saying that you are completely lost and don't know where to start? How do you want to carry it?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I use a Blackhawk CQC holster. I own two models both OWB. My second option is a Uncle Mikes Sidekick Ambidextrous Hip Holsters, that is both IWB and OWB. I also use a Blackhawk mag holster.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Are you saying that you are completely lost and don't know where to start? How do you want to carry it?
    i want to carry OWB

i want to carry OWB
    That narrows it down somewhat. Now you'll need to figure out if you like a lowride, or a highride holster. I can't get comfortable with a lowride/pancake holster. I wear a highride Milt Sparks #60TK & it's awesome. Conceals extremely well.

And I can't stand one that high...see how much fun this is? I love the Sparks Axiom and the Kramer Belt Scabbard. It's all how they fit your body.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I'm not picking on you, but that's like asking "Boxers or Briefs"?

Everyone is different in shape, weight and physical ailments. All of that will factor in to how well a certain holster will work for you.

For example, I'm very short torsoed and long legged for my height or lack there of. Using a High Ride Holster is almost impossible for me because of my build and previous shoulder injuries.

Since you've already decided to carry your gun OWB that narrows it down somewhat. Now you have to decide, leather or plastic? I think you will find most of us here like leather, but a few like plastic.

Your mode of dress is a consideration too. When I'm not working I tend to look like an out of work Construction Worker. The last time I wore a suit was to a job interview three years ago. Do you wear business casual clothing or something else?

There is no one "pat" answer to your question. For me, when I get a new gun I already have a pretty good idea of what holsters will work for me because I spent a lot of time and money on various holsters over the years. I've been carrying a gun for over twenty years and while I may change guns every two years or so, I tend to favor certain holsters that I have used in the past.

Good luck on your journey to finding total concealment grasshopper.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I'm not picking on you, but that's like asking "Boxers or Briefs"?

Everyone is different in shape, weight and physical ailments. All of that will factor in to how well a certain holster will work for you.

For example, I'm very short torsoed and long legged for my height or lack there of. Using a High Ride Holster is almost impossible for me because of my build and previous shoulder injuries.

Since you've already decided to carry your gun OWB that narrows it down somewhat. Now you have to decide, leather or plastic? I think you will find most of us here like leather, but a few like plastic.

Your mode of dress is a consideration too. When I'm not working I tend to look like an out of work Construction Worker. The last time I wore a suit was to a job interview three years ago. Do you wear business casual clothing or something else?

There is no one "pat" answer to your question. For me, when I get a new gun I already have a pretty good idea of what holsters will work for me because I spent a lot of time and money on various holsters over the years. I've been carrying a gun for over twenty years and while I may change guns every two years or so, I tend to favor certain holsters that I have used in the past.

Good luck on your journey to finding total concealment grasshopper.

Biker
    Its fine i didnt think you were picking on me, I ususally wear T-shirts and blue jeans, so basically i just have to buy until i find one that fits me best, right?

Its fine i didnt think you were picking on me, I ususally wear T-shirts and blue jeans, so basically i just have to buy until i find one that fits me best, right?
    Yup. I've bought & sold quite a few holsters. Still have a few in the "holster drawer". Have a select few favorites that I wear.

Administrator

What is the best holster for concealing the Sig P220?
    Del Fatti Leather

The "extreme forward cant OWB" that Matt Del Fatti made custom for me ...but, be prepared to wait for a while should you decide to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Del Fatti Leather

The "extreme forward cant" one that Matt Del Fatti made for me ...but, be prepared to wait for a while should you decide to order one.

Yes, Matt is not taking orders, and is working on orders from Jan 07. I am not sure if Lightning Arms has any of his now.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links