Kramer Belt Scabbard Kahr MK9

This is a discussion on Kramer Belt Scabbard Kahr MK9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Everyone, This is my first post here and I have found this website to be a tremendous source of information. Thank you very much ...

Thread: Kramer Belt Scabbard Kahr MK9

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post here and I have found this website to be a tremendous source of information. Thank you very much for that.

My question is:
    I have a Kahr MK9. I have pocket carried the thing for a few months before deciding on a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I found it to uncomfortable no matter where I tried placing it. I wore it for 10 days and it did not help. I have since returned it to Crossbreed.

I think OWB may be a better way for me to carry and many have spoken highly about Kramer Belt Scabbards. Will a Kramer pull the MK9 in tightly against the body well enough to conceal with shirt pulled over it?

Thank you.

ASG

I have a Kramer belt scabbard in cowhide. It will probably do what you want, but in my view there are better choices out there. I would much prefer Milt Sparks, but the wait may be more than you would want.

I would also prefer a Fist if I found the style I wanted.
    HOLSTERS

HBE might offer the best of the lead time and quality combination.
    H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks

Regards,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    In terms of concealment and construction Kramer holsters are great, they are built to last a long, long time (especially the horsehide) but where they lack is the looks dept. They don't feature the hand detailing or "boning" that makers like Alessi, Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen are famous for. Will they do the job for you? Absolutely and do it very well. If your after a highly functional, well made rig then you have found it, if it's looks your after then go elsewhere.

I have a Kramer belt scabbard and an IWB, both horsehide, for my G27. Very well made and do an excellent job. Whatever holster you decide on, don't forget a good belt. You can spend big bucks on a great holster, but if you pair it with a cheap, floppy Kmart belt it's not going to do as good a job. I also bought a Kramer cowhide belt. It holds the rig in good and close.
    Glock 20
    Glock 27
    NRA member
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." - Clint Smith

If you opt to go back to IWB I would suggest you try the Comptac Minatour or a Blade Tech IWB I have a MK9, K40, P40,and a PM9 I rotate carrying them and my favorite is the Comptac.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I have a Kramer belt scabbard in cowhide. It will probably do what you want, but in my view there are better choices out there. I would much prefer Milt Sparks, but the wait may be more than you would want.

I would also prefer a Fist if I found the style I wanted.
    HOLSTERS

HBE might offer the best of the lead time and quality combination.
    H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks

Regards,
    Jerry
    I have a HBE Com III and highly recommend them. I like OWB but hey are very situational for me and my body type. Seasonal at best. Find you a good leather IWB...you will probably like it much better.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Kramer is a great choice. I feel IWB carry is uncomfortable with small guns like a MK9, there is no surface area to dissipate the chunk of gun at your belt line. Some IWB holsters have more material against your body regardless of the gun size making them much more comfortable.
    Brommeland's Max Con V is a great example.

I would recommend the very versatile FIST #11 Close Crop Convertible with reinforced throat.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I carry my P9 OWB. You know what made the biggest difference in securing my holster close and tight to me....a good gun belt. It made all the difference in the world. By the way it is an inch and a half Beltman Belt.

Links