Defensive Carry banner

Kramer Belt Scabbard Kahr MK9

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  druryj 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
This is my first post here and I have found this website to be a tremendous source of information. Thank you very much for that.

My question is:
I have a Kahr MK9. I have pocket carried the thing for a few months before deciding on a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. I found it to uncomfortable no matter where I tried placing it. I wore it for 10 days and it did not help. I have since returned it to Crossbreed.

I think OWB may be a better way for me to carry and many have spoken highly about Kramer Belt Scabbards. Will a Kramer pull the MK9 in tightly against the body well enough to conceal with shirt pulled over it?

Thank you.

ASG

#6 ·
I have a HBE Com III and highly recommend them. I like OWB but hey are very situational for me and my body type. Seasonal at best. Find you a good leather IWB...you will probably like it much better.

#3 ·
In terms of concealment and construction Kramer holsters are great, they are built to last a long, long time (especially the horsehide) but where they lack is the looks dept. They don't feature the hand detailing or "boning" that makers like Alessi, Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen are famous for. Will they do the job for you? Absolutely and do it very well. If your after a highly functional, well made rig then you have found it, if it's looks your after then go elsewhere.

#4 ·
I have a Kramer belt scabbard and an IWB, both horsehide, for my G27. Very well made and do an excellent job. Whatever holster you decide on, don't forget a good belt. You can spend big bucks on a great holster, but if you pair it with a cheap, floppy Kmart belt it's not going to do as good a job. I also bought a Kramer cowhide belt. It holds the rig in good and close.

#7 ·
Kramer is a great choice. I feel IWB carry is uncomfortable with small guns like a MK9, there is no surface area to dissipate the chunk of gun at your belt line. Some IWB holsters have more material against your body regardless of the gun size making them much more comfortable.
Brommeland's Max Con V is a great example.

#10 ·
Kramer's horsehide does not take the detailed molding as well as the cowhide holsters by makers such as Sparks and Rosen. But horsehide is denser and supposedly repels water better. I have the Kramer Belt Scabbard for several pistols, I usually carry my Colt Commander in one. It is very tough; very comfortable; very well made. It is above all else, functional. To me, that is the most important thing. I also have a pancake rig by Milt Sparks. It is a beautiful holster and even in cowhide, I expect it will last a lifetime. I just think Kramers are the top holster if you are using your rig in a harsh environment. Horse or cow? You pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.