Fobus GLC IWB holster

This is a discussion on Fobus GLC IWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now I know Fobus is not too popular and I'm one of those few that actually like their holsters, mostly because of their retention, but ...

Thread: Fobus GLC IWB holster

Fobus GLC IWB holster

Now I know Fobus is not too popular and I'm one of those few that actually like their holsters, mostly because of their retention, but this one did surprise me. I've been wearing it since I got home from work tonight, but unfortunately I can't wear it out of the house until I receive my CCW permit in the mail. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

As you can see in this first picture, the hook at the top grabs the top of your pants and there is an indentation where the belt holds the holster from the outside of the pants to keep the holster from following the gun with the draw.

Holster on, shirt down.

Here's how it fits against the body. If you lean into it, the slide does dig into the side a bit, but the holster is a flexible rubber and is surprisingly comfortable. The big plus of this one over the Galco I have is that the holster doesn't collapse when I draw. It's easy to reholster one handed because of the design. The retention system is similar to the paddles, but it's not quite as tight. Definitely a good thing as it does not take a swift draw to unholster. Definitely got a lot more than I expected for $28. I'm sure I'll end up trying the supertuck when I get tired of this one, but I am happy with this purchase.

2. Remove Ads

You posted, I'll share.
    I'm not fan of this holster for a number of reasons.

1. I like 'boned' leather holsters, OK, that's my preference.
    2. I do not like the barrel sticking out, nor the trigger just slightly exposed...OK, again my preference.
    3. Without a body guard or an 'inside' T-shirt, your pistol is going to be very uncomfortable after hours of wear. OMO
    4. Unless that holster has a 'bolt' going through your belt, you may find your holster and gun in your hand during an adrenaline induced draw...BIG problem in my book.

Stay armed...they call it quality for a reason...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like kydex and my Glock next to my skin actually. But this holster just seems too minimalist for my taste. I've seen one on holstertrade.com for a long time. My best choice for IWB kydex? DeSantis scorpion.
    Any kydex molded holster should require an abrupt jerk for the draw as opposed to the grab and slide out of leather because of the retention method. I agree with retsupt99 on possibly drawing your pistol and holster at the same time, and I would definitely recommend against the web belt for any belt holster carry. No sense in giving a critique without offering better options.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, drawing the holster with my weapon was my first concern, but I didn't realize how well this fit for me. If my pants were any bigger, this holster probably would not work well. I've been practicing drawing to make sure that it's not coming loose and it's a lot more stable than I expected. If I go with a looped holster, I'll definitely have to change the type of belt I use.

I had a request for more pictures of how it wears and I think I got some good shots. From the top you can see that it pushes towards my side to keep from printing.

A couple of shots from the front using a mirror for help.

And then the side

After getting to use it today in the real world since I just received my permit I am actually surprised by how comfortable it is. I know the trigger isn't fully guarded, but I just don't see any way it could even be bumped, especially with the center trigger safety. I'm still planning to get the Desantis Scorpion, but I like my web belts so much and I'll have to go to a leather belt again to do so.

Links