Holster rotation?

This is a discussion on Holster rotation? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently received two Milt Sparks VMII holsters in the mail for my Sig P229. One is black, the other is Brown. I also bought ...

Thread: Holster rotation?

Holster rotation?

I recently received two Milt Sparks VMII holsters in the mail for my Sig P229. One is black, the other is Brown. I also bought a set of Kydex clips for the black one. The idea I had was to use one untucked, and the other with the Kydex clips for tucking. The problem is that my 229 does not conceal very well tucked. It's simply too heavy. So now I have two holsters. Should I just rotate them thus making them last longer? Or should I sell one?

Do you guys rotate holsters to make them last longer? The idea being that the holsters *should* last twice as long as a single rotation holster. Just curious for advice from the pros.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    sell one and buy a better belt. If it's not carrying well because of the weight, makes it seem like it is pulling down on your pants or printing because it is wanting to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    sell one and buy a better belt. If it's not carrying well because of the weight, makes it seem like it is pulling down on your pants or printing because it is wanting to hang out.
    I actually have two gunbelts. A wilderness and a Galco. Both are fine gun belts. The problem is that the side the gun is on sags noticeably when I tuck my shirt in. Untucked, the gun is pretty much invisible. It could be that I am not blousing my shirt enough, or that my pants fit too well.

So my main problems with tucking is sagging, and a noticeable bulge.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbosyn View Post
    I actually have two gunbelts. A wilderness and a Galco. Both are fine gun belts. The problem is that the side the gun is on sags noticeably when I tuck my shirt in. Untucked, the gun is pretty much invisible. It could be that I am not blousing my shirt enough, or that my pants fit too well.

So my main problems with tucking is sagging, and a noticeable bulge.
    Sounds like your belt is too loose. If your pants fit well then you're probably not noticing the belt tension at all. A loose belt will sag under the weight of the gun. Try tightening your belt one more notch and see if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Sounds like your belt is too loose. If your pants fit well then you're probably not noticing the belt tension at all. A loose belt will sag under the weight of the gun. Try tightening your belt one more notch and see if that makes a difference.
    +1
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I'll try cinching up a little tighter and let you guys know. If that no workie I'll post some pics.
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    NRA.org Member

Protect your rights!

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbosyn View Post
    I'll try cinching up a little tighter and let you guys know. If that no workie I'll post some pics.
    Heavier guns do require the belt to be tighter. I do not like to have to "suck it in" and hold my breath when I tighten the belt. Lighter guns with a good belt do not require it, but a heavy gun does, and a 1.5" belt is almost a necessity with a gun like a 5" steel 1911.

Regards,
    Jerry

Keep the holster, tighten the belt...black belt, black shoes, black holster, etc...

Stay armed...it's called 'coordinated carry'...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    It has log been known that, all else being equal, IWB rigs work best when the wearer is "in shape." Folks who are, shall we say, a bit fluffy around the middle, will have to really cinch a belt tighter than normal, and with IWB rigs, this is not always comfortable. I am not saying that anyone in this thread needs to work on their physical shape; this is for each person to decide for themselves.

This is one thing that motivates me to not let things go too far. That, and the cost of new pants. I am 47 years old, and fight the battle of the bulge on an ongoing basis, in a way I never imagined when I was younger and more active.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    It has log been known that, all else being equal, IWB rigs work best when the wearer is "in shape." Folks who are, shall we say, a bit fluffy around the middle, will have to really cinch a belt tighter than normal, and with IWB rigs, this is not always comfortable. I am not saying that anyone in this thread needs to work on their physical shape; this is for each person to decide for themselves.

This is one thing that motivates me to not let things go too far. That, and the cost of new pants. I am 47 years old, and fight the battle of the bulge on an ongoing basis, in a way I never imagined when I was younger and more active.

Hey, hey, hey...'round' is a shape!
    I do have to tighten my belt for best results, but if tightened too much, it could look like a 'thong'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Sell whatever is just not working out for you. That is what I would do.

Links