Defensive Carry banner

Holster rotation?

996 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
I recently received two Milt Sparks VMII holsters in the mail for my Sig P229. One is black, the other is Brown. I also bought a set of Kydex clips for the black one. The idea I had was to use one untucked, and the other with the Kydex clips for tucking. The problem is that my 229 does not conceal very well tucked. It's simply too heavy. So now I have two holsters. Should I just rotate them thus making them last longer? Or should I sell one?

Do you guys rotate holsters to make them last longer? The idea being that the holsters *should* last twice as long as a single rotation holster. Just curious for advice from the pros.

#3 ·
I actually have two gunbelts. A wilderness and a Galco. Both are fine gun belts. The problem is that the side the gun is on sags noticeably when I tuck my shirt in. Untucked, the gun is pretty much invisible. It could be that I am not blousing my shirt enough, or that my pants fit too well.

So my main problems with tucking is sagging, and a noticeable bulge.

#7 ·
Heavier guns do require the belt to be tighter. I do not like to have to "suck it in" and hold my breath when I tighten the belt. Lighter guns with a good belt do not require it, but a heavy gun does, and a 1.5" belt is almost a necessity with a gun like a 5" steel 1911.

Regards,
Jerry

#8 ·
Keep the holster, tighten the belt...black belt, black shoes, black holster, etc...:king:

Stay armed...it's called 'coordinated carry'...stay safe!

#9 ·
It has log been known that, all else being equal, IWB rigs work best when the wearer is "in shape." Folks who are, shall we say, a bit fluffy around the middle, will have to really cinch a belt tighter than normal, and with IWB rigs, this is not always comfortable. I am not saying that anyone in this thread needs to work on their physical shape; this is for each person to decide for themselves.

This is one thing that motivates me to not let things go too far. That, and the cost of new pants. I am 47 years old, and fight the battle of the bulge on an ongoing basis, in a way I never imagined when I was younger and more active.

#10 ·
It has log been known that, all else being equal, IWB rigs work best when the wearer is "in shape." Folks who are, shall we say, a bit fluffy around the middle, will have to really cinch a belt tighter than normal, and with IWB rigs, this is not always comfortable. I am not saying that anyone in this thread needs to work on their physical shape; this is for each person to decide for themselves.

This is one thing that motivates me to not let things go too far. That, and the cost of new pants. I am 47 years old, and fight the battle of the bulge on an ongoing basis, in a way I never imagined when I was younger and more active.

Hey, hey, hey...'round' is a shape!
I do have to tighten my belt for best results, but if tightened too much, it could look like a 'thong'...:rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.