Snap on mag carriers

Snap on mag carriers

This is a discussion on Snap on mag carriers within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a couple of holsters that are of the snap loop design; an Axiom and a Laredo Defender. I like the easy on/off, especially ...

Snap on mag carriers

I have a couple of holsters that are of the snap loop design; an Axiom and a Laredo Defender. I like the easy on/off, especially on Sunday between the morning and evening services.

I had been searching for an easy on/off OWB magazine carrier. All I could find was a paddle. That is not what I wanted.

I have a Hume that snaps but it is a single snap in the center of the back, and although made for a 1.5" belt will not snap over one that size. It is not satisfactory. One of those things I bought before I knew about top notch work.

Today I found what I had been searching for, a pancake type snap on magazine carrier. I ordered a double mag carrier today and the lead time is 14 - 16 weeks.
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

It is surprising to me that all holster makers do not make such a mag carrier.

Didn't know if anyone here is interested or not. I do not have anything from Tim, but he seems to have satisfied customers from comments on the forums.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I have never tried any custom holster makers, all my holsters have been from major companies like Galco, Blackhawk, and just recently DeSantis. I have a couple snap on leather double magazine carriers that have snaps from DeSantis, and I really like them. They ride close to my body making concealment a non-issue, and I can put on and take off easily.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Indeed!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I have been searching for a mag holder, I bought a maxpedition mag sheath, but I didn't think it through good as it is very bulky and not suitable. I need to get a mag holder and I suppose a snap on would make a lot more sense. I was just afraid it might not carry as well as a slide through design. Perhaps I am very wrong?
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

In looking at your site I really liked the double mag carrier. However, I did not realize that it could be made as a snap on. I, evidently in error, thought the snaps were for IWB carriers.

Thanks for the info.

Hi BamaSteve,

Based upon my experience with snap loop holsters I find that they are stable and do not slide if the loops fit the belt. I have had a couple where I had to glue another pirce of leather inside the loops so that they would be tight enough to not slide. Otherwise I like the snap loops.

I am hoping that the one I have on order will fit without the additional pieces of leather, but if not it is not much trouble to glue an additional piece in each loop.

Maybe MNBurl can provide some info.

Regards,
    Jerry

Links