Defensive Carry banner

Snap on mag carriers

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JerryM 
#1 ·
I have a couple of holsters that are of the snap loop design; an Axiom and a Laredo Defender. I like the easy on/off, especially on Sunday between the morning and evening services.

I had been searching for an easy on/off OWB magazine carrier. All I could find was a paddle. That is not what I wanted.

I have a Hume that snaps but it is a single snap in the center of the back, and although made for a 1.5" belt will not snap over one that size. It is not satisfactory. One of those things I bought before I knew about top notch work.

Today I found what I had been searching for, a pancake type snap on magazine carrier. I ordered a double mag carrier today and the lead time is 14 - 16 weeks.
TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

It is surprising to me that all holster makers do not make such a mag carrier.

Didn't know if anyone here is interested or not. I do not have anything from Tim, but he seems to have satisfied customers from comments on the forums.

Regards,
Jerry

See less See more
#2 ·
I have never tried any custom holster makers, all my holsters have been from major companies like Galco, Blackhawk, and just recently DeSantis. I have a couple snap on leather double magazine carriers that have snaps from DeSantis, and I really like them. They ride close to my body making concealment a non-issue, and I can put on and take off easily.

#5 ·
I have been searching for a mag holder, I bought a maxpedition mag sheath, but I didn't think it through good as it is very bulky and not suitable. I need to get a mag holder and I suppose a snap on would make a lot more sense. I was just afraid it might not carry as well as a slide through design. Perhaps I am very wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.