Apology To Sam Andrews (Andrews Leather)

This is a discussion on Apology To Sam Andrews (Andrews Leather) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few weeks ago, I made a posting concerning my experiences with a Andrews Leather Monarch Holster. Today I realized that I had messed up ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apology To Sam Andrews (Andrews Leather)

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar

Apology To Sam Andrews (Andrews Leather)

A few weeks ago, I made a posting concerning my experiences with a Andrews Leather Monarch Holster. Today I realized that I had messed up (BADLY) in my recollections. Below is a letter I have placed in the mail box to Sam Andrews and to my forum friends, I appologize for my severe laps in memory recall.

Steve

5 March 2006

ANDREWS CUSTOM LEATHER
    22610 NW 102nd Ave
    Alachua, FL 32615

Dear Sam,

Recently I made a post on the Combat Carry Forum using the name “fed_wif_a_sig”, talking about an experience with a holster that I had ordered from you. Though I at no time described or referred to you or your products as sub-standard, I did express an incident I had with your Monarch Shoulder Holster you made for me upon my selection as a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

The posting I made discussed a pour snap for the holster and the problem with the weapon falling out. However, today while cleaning out my holster box I came across something that makes this letter necessary.

You see, in my postings I had forgotten that you had mailed me a replacement holster with a new snap. It wasn’t until today that I found both holsters and recalled your outstanding response.

I apologize for failing to mention this previously and assure you that a copy of this letter will be posted, before you receive it via the US Postal Service.

Sir I ask for your forgiveness for my actions and please accept my apology.

Professionally,

Stephen X. XXXXX
    Special Agent
    Dept. of XXXXXXXXXXX
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

2. Remove Ads

Shame, shame fed_wif_a_sig!

The crazy thing is if you had not had a good experance you would remember that for the rest of your life!

Good lookin out fessin up though, now Sam won't have to take you out!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    That is a damn good man to confess a mistake and not only right it here on the forum but also to Sam. Although we have never really met, I respect you for that, and hope others take notice of your character. Here is a handshake from me.
    Thanks for the correction also, because I have been thinking of purchasing a monarch rig, and I held off after reading your post.
    I think now I will reconsider.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Doc,

The part of the letter you didnt see is that I requested from Sam a replacement harness for my rig. Part of the reason I didnt use the rig anymore is that when I had problems with the thumb brake I stopped using the holster and gave away the harness to another agent whos harness had broken on a mission. Once I get a new harness, this rig will again go back into full service only with a new knife under my left arm as my Gerber Mk 1 was lost "in action".
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Administrator

Thumbs up CombatCarry.com This Forum

We have so many forum members here with bucketloads of fantastic personal integrity. That makes me feel really good thinking about how truly great we are as a "Collective Forum Group" of absolutely outstanding people.

QKShooter Pats Steve On The Back.

Steve (by the way) Since our forum past threads & posts are searchable (and DO get constantly searched for specific information)....I managed to find two of your past posts that were slightly less than complimentary about Sam Andrews & his shoulder holsters.

I made them go away for you. Like magic...they are gone.

Heck...you work for the Govt....just like Roswell, New Mexico...Area 51...No flying saucers...No dead alien bodies...Project Blue Book...I just made them disappear.

If you ever do stumble across any other past Sam Andrews posts of yours that you want "gone" just Private Mail me (any time) with the thread name & post number & I'll be happy to delete it for you.

Stay Safe.
    Please feel free to continue to make me proud of you fine folks.

Hey: Your letter is the right answer. I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats very cool of you to Admit the Mistake..

Im sure once you get your harness all will be good

Lead Moderator
    It's great that you took the time to make it right.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Thank you, for correcting the mistake. Sam is making a double shoulder rig for me, and when we were talking about it he said if I did not like it send it back. And I have three other holsters from him, and he's told me many times if I ever have a problem with them call him. But there is no doubt in my mind that I'll like his holster.

Ok, QK: If we embarrass ourselves with just plain old foolishness of the old garden variety (i.e. ), those deals won't just disapear into Area 51, huh?

Right answer above! Steve's a stand up guy! I think we all really respect that tremendously.

Assistant Administrator

Thumbs up

Steve - kudos to you for being upstanding and letting us in on it.

We do all screw up now and again and it takes some cojones sometimes to admit it. This is good because in a way it now actually reinforces Sam's good name and even if he did know of the problem before he will I am certain be glad to have the air cleared, so to speak.

Well said - I am proud to see this level of integrity.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member

Aliens???
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Making mistakes is simply part of being human......making amends is what good, decent and moral people do when the realize their mistakes.....making amends publicly is rare and shows character beyond what most people can and will do........

Good on ya..................Shoot well, Eric
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar

Thumbs up

Those who make holsters make mistakes, and those of us who buy them make mistakes. It is a part of living in this flesh.

The important thing is to attempt not to make mistakes, and when we do to attempt to make them right instead of finding excuses.

The circle of the error is to be the circle of the "confession.'
    That was done, and it is admirable.
    fed_wif_a_sig has conducted himself with integrity, and I appreciate and admire him for doing that in this public forum.

I have nothing that someone or some thing cannot take or destroy, except my moral integrity. I have to give that up, and I do not intend to.

Thank you.
    Jerry

1952 - 2006
    Steve - you have indeed made us all proud to have you a member of this forum. Well Done Sir!!

I have been carrying Sam's holsters for quite a few years now, about 10, and I had a problem once with my Monarch, Sam thought the problem through, solved it and sent me a new holster with a custom modification at no charge.

You have just shown that you and he both have the same kind of integrity.

To echo Eric; Good on ya...........
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links