Help concealing a full size 1911 - Page 2

Help concealing a full size 1911

This is a discussion on Help concealing a full size 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1911s are pretty easy to conceal with a good holster regardless of the slide length. With a full size 5" it's absolutely critical to use ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help concealing a full size 1911

1911s are pretty easy to conceal with a good holster regardless of the slide length. With a full size 5" it's absolutely critical to use a real, purpose built gun belt. Cheap knock-offs and bargain belts are going to make your carry experience miserable, a dual layer gun belt will resist rotational torque from the weight of the gun and help support the rig over long hours of carry.

Personally, I prefer leather holsters and belts. My favorite IWB holster by far is Brommeland's MaxCon V. Others you might consider would be Milt Sparks VersaMax II, HBEs COM 3, or something from Nate at UBG.

Most makers also offer gun belts designed to work with their holsters and they're worth penny. I had a 1.5" Milt Sparks belt that I wore daily for over 7 years (until I outgrew it). Other belt sources worthy of consideration would be The Beltman and the Wilderness Instructor's belts (their 5 stitch model is remarkably comfortable and secure).
    Jack

My fullsize and Little Bear Hoplite disappear, but most stuff does when your 6'2" 270 pounds
    www.snipercentral.com
    "My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban as soon as I take office. In the first year, I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, one gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."
    -Barack Obama, VPC Fund Raiser, 2007

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    From the womans perspective I find my 1911 the easiest of all on them to conceal. I carry OWB and even at a petite 5'4" and 125 pounds my Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II hides easily under a sweatshirt or t-shirt. I don't wear anything different now than I did before I started to carry, as long as the top is long enough to cover the holster, and I've only run across 2 tops that were to short to cover up.
    With the 1911 being as thin as it is, I can hide it easier than my little J-frame or the big honking 686 Plus with the nasty stock grips, those have to go. Even the GP100 with the 6" barrel hides better.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

i use the cross breed inside the waistband and i havent had any one say anything. i usually can conceal it with just a light button up over top a t-shirt

I can personally vouch for the MaxCon V, the Fist and the UBG holsters for 1911s OWB and IWB. All are great makers and you will be satisfied.
    If you get the proper amount of "cant" to turn the gun, it suddenly conceals much easier. With the MaxCon, I can cover what is showing above my belt line, with my palm! So, the least tee shirt or polo shirt will hide it well.

I am carrying my 1911 in an MTAC, read very good things about Crossbreed SuperTuck.
    Keep your powder dry

Anyone here under 6 feet tall that can easily conceal a full 1911 IWB? (I'm 5'9" 150 lbs)

I'm 6ft3 about 220lbs, I'd say athletic build and I can tuck my 5in 1911 into its Minotaur M-tac holster easily. I've been able to conceal it under a t-shirt so a polo or button shirt is easy cover.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent47 View Post
    Anyone here under 6 feet tall that can easily conceal a full 1911 IWB? (I'm 5'9" 150 lbs)
    I'm 5' 7"'s and 170 lbs without a belly (yet). Have no problem concealing my 5" Springer in my IWB HBE Leatherworks DC Special and belt (Very Important Items). Have to wear the right shirt and dress around the pistol. Find dark colored loose fitting t-shirts or sweat shirts do the best for me. If it's really hot I'll wear an Under Armour shirt and a button down over the T. Works like a champ for me and have NEVER been made in 16 years of carry.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Im 6'2" and 260 lbs. I conceal a 5" SA in a Don Hume PCCH with a Don Hume 1.5" double thick dress belt. No problems and all day comfort

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    I'm 5' 7"'s and 170 lbs without a belly (yet). Have no problem concealing my 5" Springer in my IWB HBE Leatherworks DC Special and belt (Very Important Items). Have to wear the right shirt and dress around the pistol. Find dark colored loose fitting t-shirts or sweat shirts do the best for me. If it's really hot I'll wear an Under Armour shirt and a button down over the T. Works like a champ for me and have NEVER been made in 16 years of carry.
    alright cool thanks! looks like I gotta hit the gym more then...

the Crossbreed Supertuck is very easy to adjust the cant. It's one screw for each clip that you just unscrew and move it to another whole. I think you'd like either the Mtac or Supertuck from what I've heard. But I love my Supertuck!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Supertuck FTW!
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Just get a Milt Sparks Versa Max II and be done with it.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I generally carry my Kimber Ultra CDP II in my Supertuck, but sometimes carry the fullsize Classic CDP II -- it holds both without any problem. I'm 5-8 with some gut :)
    B
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links