Defensive Carry banner

Woolfe Gunleather

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Bruin 
#1 ·
Hello, I stumbled upon a new Holster maker (to me anyways). I was searching for a IWB for my new Glock 23 and found Charles Woolfe's Site.

Woolfe, Gun Leather

I originally found samples of his work on Ebay which lead me to Google his name, thus leading me to his web page. We exchanged a few emails and he got to work on the Wolf -SL model for me. Im no stranger to concealed carry and have used many different holsters from many different makers. That being said, Im kinda picky, lol.

The Wolf -SL Model has a standard 20 degrees of cant with a Reinforced mouth. You will notice in the pictures, only the front section of the mouth is reinforced. I was a little skeptical about this. Thinking to myself that it would never stay open for one handed reholstering. Well, Charles does great work! Not only does the holster stay open for one handed reholstering but having only the front reinforced really keeps the size of the holster on the thin side!!!

You have the option of standard fasteners or Pull the Dots. I went with Pull the Dots (For the first time ever) and really enjoy them. They took a little bit of time getting used to but I now prefer them over the traditional fasteners.

The holster itself is very comfy and nicely made. The draw is smooth yet retention is nice and tight. A perfect combination if you ask me. This is the way the holster came out of the box! The dye, stiching, and boning all show good craftmanship. If your looking for a great holster with a small lead time check them out. :banana:

BTW, I have never seen a holster so nicley packaged before, lol. I know it really should not matter much. I mean, we are buying the product for a means to carry our firearm. Its just the fact that it shows Charles puts a little extra time into everything.

From the time ordered to my doorstep was exactly 2 weeks. I hope this review helps anyone out that is considering a new holster.

God Bless,
JayDM

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks very nice and similar to the UBG Canute. Nice rig.

#8 ·
Gee... another blatant copy of another man's work! :scruntiny:

#13 ·
That looks like and EXACT copy of the VMII.................as in he may have taken one apart to make the pattern...
Let us know how it last. I have several VMII and they have stood the test of time and keep on working...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.