Recommend a (leather) holster maker?

This is a discussion on Recommend a (leather) holster maker? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The mega-list of holster makers that we have on this forum is a great resource. But it's also a bit overwhelming. There are clearly plenty ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a (leather) holster maker?

Recommend a (leather) holster maker?

The mega-list of holster makers that we have on this forum is a great resource. But it's also a bit overwhelming. There are clearly plenty of good, high quality holster makers out there. It would be useful for me and others, I believe, to hear from those who have had particularly good buying experiences when purchasing from some of the, perhaps, less well known but talented and meticulous leather holster makers. Stated differently, I'd like to buy a few holsters from someone who makes very high quality holsters, but may not be as well known as some of "the usual suspects" (Sparks, Rosen, DelFatti, etc.). Basically, I'd like to support (with my $) a good, up-and-coming or perhaps simply underappreciated/lower-profile leather holster maker. Do you have any particular recommendations?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Go to the Sponsor, Buy, Sell, and Trade section on this forum. Help support the guys (and girls) that help make this forum possible.

Also use the Search function. The topic has been covered a lot.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Check out NM Holsters NM Holsters - Home

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Quote Originally Posted by hbc View Post
    Do you have any particular recommendations?
    I think you will get the best advice by telling the members here: what gun? how will you carry? how much is your budget? will you be getting a belt and accessories too? want exotics? and how long are you willing to wait?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Ya' beat me to it, but it's OK...you have great taste in holsters.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

HBE or Fist...best combo of price quality and turnaround time.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I like DM Bullard... he has made 3 for me and I am happy with each one. David does excellent work and only a 30 day turnaround...I ordered a pocket holster for my NAA on 4/16 and I got the confirm that it shipped today.... great guy...been to his shop and he took the time to show me what I really needed....Robbie

I recommend Desbien's Gunleather.

Rhome is a class act; easy to work with, not a long lead time and prices are fair. He crafted a IWB #4 for my G27 to my specifications and it is a great holster.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

My current favorite maker is John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather 5 Shot Leather, LLC - Home 5shotleather

He does outstanding work, he's easy to deal with and is willing to accomodate special requests. Like most of the great makers he's got a pretty good backlog, but it's worth the wait.

I also think highly of UBG holsters UBG Holsters

I've got several of Nate's holsters and he does great work. Unfortunately, his wait times have been getting longer also but I guess that's what happens when you get popular.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Administrator

"less well known but talented and meticulous leather holster makers. Stated differently, I'd like to buy a few holsters from someone who makes very high quality holsters, but may not be as well known as some of "the usual suspects"

You can check out Bruce Gibson of Gibson ProRodeo and see what holsters he has in stock.

He has got quite a few various rigs in stock right now. I just checked.

Bruce is an absolutely incredible gun belt maker (though he is not taking belt orders at this point in time)

Bruce is a genuine official bull-rider of very high personal integrity who got into making gun holsters fairly recently.

His rigs are constructed of Hermann Oak leather and they are amazingly sweet looking and beautifully constructed.
    The man sure does know his leather-work.

Go Here: http://www.gibsongunleather.com/GLOCKHOLSTERS.htm
    Note: There are OTHER holsters available on the page for various popular firearms - NOT just GLOCK holsters.

Browning HI-POWER

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Go to the Sponsor, Buy, Sell, and Trade section on this forum. Help support the guys (and girls) that help make this forum possible.

Also use the Search function. The topic has been covered a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hbc View Post
    The mega-list of holster makers that we have on this forum is a great resource. But it's also a bit overwhelming. There are clearly plenty of good, high quality holster makers out there. It would be useful for me and others, I believe, to hear from those who have had particularly good buying experiences when purchasing from some of the, perhaps, less well known but talented and meticulous leather holster makers. Stated differently, I'd like to buy a few holsters from someone who makes very high quality holsters, but may not be as well known as some of "the usual suspects" (Sparks, Rosen, DelFatti, etc.). Basically, I'd like to support (with my $) a good, up-and-coming or perhaps simply underappreciated/lower-profile leather holster maker. Do you have any particular recommendations?

hbc,

Your words like "under appreciated" & "lower-profile", leads me to one holster maker that I would recommend - AKJ Concealco

Checkout their website and read about their inside the waistband hoslters (IWB). They have a couple of patented designs that really work e.g. Front Belt Loop & Frontal Fold-over Reinforcement. Definitely one of my favorite low profile holster maker.

Click here: AKJ Concealco LLC: IWB Holsters

SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

K&D holsters and Little Bear holsters.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links