MaxCon V or VMII ??

MaxCon V or VMII ??

This is a discussion on MaxCon V or VMII ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a VMII for a Commander. I can see from pictures that the MaxCon appears to be thinner (lack of reinforced mouth) and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MaxCon V or VMII ??

I currently have a VMII for a Commander. I can see from pictures that the MaxCon appears to be thinner (lack of reinforced mouth) and the area around the snaps less "bulky". This appeals to me. Can anyone attest to the comfort of the MCV compared to the VMII? Assuming one-hand reholstering is not really an issue with me, would it be worth buying a MCV to replace the VMII? Any you guys happen to have tried both. TIA

I haven't tried a VM-II (no need to) but I hear good things about them, mostly from IMO people repeating what they read on forums wheather they have one or not. But nevertheless they are a good holster, a bit on the pricy side though. A few friends have them and seem to like them just fine.

I do however have a Max-Con V and another on order as we speak. To me it is the perfect holster for the reasons you mentioned. They are thinner, less bulky and fit the body perfectly. The cant is also what I like about the Max-Con V, it put's the gun in the best possible postition for concealment.

Also the lack of reinforcement at the mouth (the metal) does not affect one handed reholstering for me at all.

Hope this helps!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

From what I can tell, the MaxCon V is actually closer to the Watch Six offered by Milt Sparks as both of those models lack the reinforcing band at the mouth. I had the Watch Six for my old SA Champion, it was plenty comfortable but I sold that gun several years ago so I recently sold that holster to a Forum member here.

I currently have a MaxConV on order with Gary for my 5" Mil-Spec, it'll soon be my primary carry weapon and holster if all goes as planned. I guess the question is, do you feel the VMII's thickness is affecting your comfort level? The MCV should be slightly thinner and a bit more comfortable to wear for extended periods.

Then again ... you can never have too many custom holsters!
    Jack

I have been carrying a 5" 1911 in a VMII for awhile and its been great. However, I have heard so much about the MaxCon V that i ordered one of those plus a mag carrier for a new Dan Wesson commander bobtail. Guess I have holsters covered

I had a MaxCon V for a G23 and have a VM-II for a 1911.

Both are top notch. The MaxCon6 has a reinforced mouth if you are interested.

They both are excellent. The VM-II is a bit more comfy when worn at 3 o'clock though.

Assistant Administrator
    I can only comment one thing, tho I don't have one.

From all folks say the Max Con is the cat's miaow - Gary has certainly got one heck of a following, even just here with that design.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Don't forget Gary's level of customer service. When I called to order my holster we talked it over for a while - I was torn between the MaxCon V and the DefCon (owb). He told me if I wasn't happy with the MaxConV I could send it back and he'd exchange it for a DefCon. That kind of service is pretty rare these days and I'd say it's another reason he has such a loyal following.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I will let you know when I receive my max con, mag pouch and belt from Gary. Although the order is a little behind, I am real excited to get it, and give it a try. I will report to you asap. gary send it would finally ship out this week. The belt is the issue not the holster, so if you ordered one, you may not have to wait as long.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

OD*
    I have heard nothing but good things about Gary's work, but I had not heard of him before purchasing a Spark's Watch-Six. It is the horse hide, w/o reinforcement at the mouth, version of the Versa Max-2. It is a superb CCW holster. I doubt you would go wrong with either makers wares.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Just to comment. I bought "Oregonshooter"'s Max Con V from Gary Brommeland, and can attest to the professionalism and quality of this fine holster! I also have Milt Sparks. I prefer Milt Sparks for my OWB and of course the Max Con V for my IWB. Like the rest of the people here, You just gotta try em until one hits the mark! We all have drawers full of em! But few are in the Brommeland/ Sparks catagory.
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Both are absolutely top of the line gun leather. Gary's attention to detail and design is hard to beat.

I wouldnt say the W6 and MC5 are the same......look the same and look to be built the same...but still many differences.

Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Thanks to all for advice. Just ordered a MaxCon V for my Commander. It was a pleasure to speak with Gary, a real gentleman.

As was stated before...if you buy quality, you won't be disappointed. Either of the holsters in question is a fine choice as are several others.

The people who generally have issues are those who try to save $50 and buy a $25 holster to wear12 hours a day.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I have been wearing my VersaMaxII the last several days,and last week it was MacDanial II. I am looking forward to wearing Gary's and Eric's fine holsters soon. Hope to get one of Lou Allesi's before too long. All of the above mentioned holsters are great holsters, just look who they come from. For someone that wants one holster, anyone of the holsters here would be a keeper.

los
    I use to carry IWB (for a very brief moment) a HK USPc45 in a VMII. I never got used to it. Too uncomfortable for me. I felt the VMII was a bit to thick.

And although I've never owned one, something tells me that Garry's MCV is much, much, more comfortable for IWB.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links