Best/Favorite Low Riding Kydex IWB Holster?

This is a discussion on Best/Favorite Low Riding Kydex IWB Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like the subject say's, what do you think is the best low riding kydex iwb? (and why?)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best/Favorite Low Riding Kydex IWB Holster?

Like the subject say's, what do you think is the best low riding kydex iwb? (and why?)
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Velcro adjustable Fist number 1 Kydex clip holster works very well for my little Ruger LCP. It can be worn deep, shallow, left, right, cant, no-cant etc.

May not be the best for every gun. You'd have to say what kind of gun you have, whether you want to tuck or not tuck, whether you want it adjustable for other rides, what position it will be worn in, and other things like that to get the answer you want concerning the "best".

Fobus FTW!
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Marv,
    Can't really say for sure, it isn't for me (I'm a leather guy). One of my co-workers recently started carrying and asked if I could recommend a low ride kydex IWB. I believe he's been carrying either a commander or officers sized 1911 or a compact Poly (MPC or Glock?) but I'm not sure, seems every time he goes to a show he buys a new toy.....LOL

bigdl,
    Ok, can't speak for all their products but I can't say as I thought a whole lot about Fobus paddle holsters (the one time I tried one)

Anyone else have suggestions? (doesn't have to be gun specific, just a low to the waist band kydex iwb, so I can point him towards some options)

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Welcome to our online store Low Rider. He doesn't make them for all guns, but if he has one to fit yours, you will never want another one.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Like the subject say's, what do you think is the best low riding kydex iwb? (and why?)
    I have one of Bluegrass hybrid Holsters (Ghost Hybrid IWB) and I have it set very low right at the belt line (feels great) but you can adjust it how ever depth or cant you want.

Welcome to Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

I still am a big proponent of one of the original mass produced kydex holsters out there....Blade-Tech.

www.bladetech.com
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

pax
    I still am a big proponent of one of the original mass produced kydex holsters out there....Blade-Tech.
    I'm not, not for this anyway. Their UCH used to be my all-time favorite holster. Wore it for 7 or 8 years, with my Glock 26 appendix carried, used the tuckable feature nearly every day. Last year it finally broke and I went to get it replaced.

The "new" style of UCH (I think it's probably 2 or 3 years old now) allows the gun to ride so high on the belt that it is radically unstable on my body.

Since I was standing in the factory, I said to the production manager, "Can you please fix the shank length for me, so it rides low enough to be stable?"

He balked, explained that I didn't want it to ride stably or be well concealed because I wanted to be able to get a "combat grip" on my firearm while it was in the holster. I said, "I understand that, but your previous design which rode much lower was both concealable and much more comfortable. Not to mention safer. I could draw it just fine and in fact managed to pass the difficult handgun master's test at FAS while wearing it. This one has turned completely upside down on my (solid good quality) belt twice now. I cannot use this holster the way it is."

The man reluctantly went out to the floor and 20 minutes later brought me a shank that was -- perhaps -- an eighth of an inch longer than the original. It was marginally less unstable, and I was in a bind with a broken holster and no backup, so I purchased it. Then replaced the dirty-word thing as soon after that as I could.

Glad to hear they work for someone.

I'm still a great fan of Blade-Tech's dropped and offset holsters. They're wonderful and very durable and well designed.

But I no longer recommend the UCH.

pax
    crusade likes this.
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

A nice flat auto is going to conceal pretty well IWB, high or low ride, as long as it's stable as well.

I like to get a good firing grip on a gun before I pull it if possible. I'd almost rather go with some kind of "tuck" feature before going with a holster that didn't leave the grip high enough to grab easily.

Wouldn't it be almost as easy and a whole lot safer to grab a shirt tag and untuck a medium ride gun than to fumble with one that didn't give a nice firm grip before pulling it?

But that's just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks to all for the suggestions, I've passed them on to my co-worker and now (like most people) Im sure he'll go thru a number of different holsters before finding one he likes.

Marv,
    I agree that a flat auto is going to conceal well IWB/h-m-l, but since my co-worker was looking for specific suggestions for a low riding holster that's what I asked about
    (I did also suggest he look at Smartcarry/Thunderware, but he's stuck on kydex at the moment)

If you gotta' have kydex (I prefer leather for IWB), then this...

FIST, INC. ...in the ultra thin kydex...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a few kydex holsters, although I much prefer to carry in leather generally. Of them, Comptac does make some good holsters, but I'm really impressed with Raven Concealment. They use really thin kydex and the holsters are really well thought out. If I could buy just one kydex holster it would be from them. Check it out:

Raven Concealment Systems

Raven Concealment

My only brand of holsters.

Best regards,
    Joseph

Skipped thru so not sure in already posted:

Welcome to our online store

I use the low-rider, light, stays opened, a little more expensive than some but great holster and good people to deal with.

Stay safe.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Joszx67 View Post
    My only brand of holsters.

Best regards,
    Joseph
    What clips are those? I didnt see them on the site. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links