Defensive Carry banner

Difficulty with mag pouch

891 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  thebigdl86 
#1 ·
I normally only carry one extra magazine for my 1911 compacts. Sunday I decided to carry a single mag in a double mag carrier. I know that when a holster or mag carrier is put on the belt and the belt tightened the holster or pouch is also tightened due to the curve of the body.

I decided to check my rig, and attempted to remove the mag from the pouch. It did not have an extended base plate and I could not get hold of it enough to remove it without a lot of effort. The double mag pouch had bent enough to cause the pouch to be extremely tight. I have a body shield on it, and that does complicate it some.
When I placed a mag with an extended base, a Wilson, there was no difficulty. Lesson: I intend to use those mags that have an extended base plate like the Wilson in the mag pouches, especially the double pouches. I have not experienced that problem with the single mag pouch.

It is evident that one must check the fit, and ease of draw with the holster and mag carrier on the belt and it tightened.

Regards,
Jerry

#2 ·
Thank you for the reminder to make sure you check your equipment before relying on it for real Mr. Jerry. :hand10:

Biker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.