Pic request

Pic request

This is a discussion on Pic request within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would love to see an XD sub-compact in either a Don Hume JIT or a galco M&X Matrix. I always make the mistake of ...

Thread: Pic request

Pic request

I would love to see an XD sub-compact in either a Don Hume JIT or a galco M&X Matrix.

I always make the mistake of buying a bunch of holsters for a new CCW weapon before I find one that works well. I want to see how high they make the gun ride and how tight they pull it into your body.

I normally IWB carry in a supertuck but ocassionally will OWB carry and want something I can cover with just an untucked t-shirt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't have a picture wearing a Don Hume JIT. But based on my experiences with the JIT holster for my HK P2000, 1911 3-5", PPK, and my J-frames, I can tell you that it pulls the pistol well against the body. Whenever I purchase a new firearm at a Gunshow, I would always purchase a Don Hume JIT to go along with it. The holster is affordable, great for owb carry, and there always available at our Gunshows here in Texas. Yep, I would recommend the JIT, Good Luck!.

Pics of my JITs

My 1911

My snubby

SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I'm on the opposite end of admiration for the JIT. It sits in my holster box unused. I found it harder and slower to put on than any other holster I use, especially when I capture a belt loop between the holster loops. I prefer to carry at the 4:00 position, but can't do it with a JIT due to the upright nature. The JIT needs to be worn at 3:00 or more to the front. The draw was slower than my forward raked holsters. I've had the pistol hang up on several practice draws. It just doesn't work for me, but I'm glad others like it.

I've no experience with the Matrix.

Thank you for the pictures and the advice. I frequent several forums and this one is by far the best resource for anything related to CCW!! There shure are a lot of good people on here,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You might also look for a Yaqui slide type holster. I think Galco makes a nice one. I can higly recommend Don hume and Galco ...I own some of both.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

[QUOTE=ripley16;1148512]I'm on the opposite end of admiration for the JIT. It sits in my holster box unused... It just doesn't work for me, but I'm glad others like it.QUOTE]

This mirrors my experience w/ the JIT exactly... Not saying it's a "bad" holster - Just that, IMO, there are plenty of better options out there for just a little more $$...

Although to be fair, the JIT I have used is for my P7M8, which is notoriously butt-heavy, resulting in the holstered pistol "flopping" away from me and printing like heck...

But for a range holster, they are halfway decent for the money, I suppose... And as someone else said - They are very widely and readily available...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

I carried a G30 in a JIT slide holster for a while. It does serve it's purpose. To what extent it serves that purpose is obviously up to the individual. It is what it is.

Links