Defensive Carry banner

X-mas in May (a rather lengthy review)

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Jmac00 
#1 ·
Yeaaaa, Not only did my Cigar order show up today (yes, I'm a cigar snob) But my brandy new Crossbreed MiniTuck showed up:danceban:

I was so excited I ripped to mailer open and immediately tried to put the holster on. Well it turns out that trying to put on a IWB "tuckable" (is that a word??) holster requires a thought process. :buttkick: It's not like a flimsy Blackhawk #4 IWB that you just stick in your belt ( and cost 12 bucks)

First I wrestled with getting the thing in my waist band. I tried it with my belt on, then with my belt off. Turns out, with the belt on is easier:twak:

Then I tried to tuck my shirt, that went better and easier than I thought it would and it turns out, you have to put the stupid gun in the smarter than me holster, BEFORE you tuck it in...........DUH!!!!!:duh::cussing:

Okay, finally got the rig on and (UNLOADED) gun in the holster and shirt tucked in.

And I'll be damn if the MiniTuck isn't one of the most comfortable holsters that I own. I say "one of" because I have $4,286 worth of hand guns and approximately $30,000 worth of holsters :eek:hmann:

I have been wearing the MiniTuck since about 1:00pm today and I'm liking this holster. The only thing I would change at this point might be the put the smooth side of the leather toward my body, the back side of the leather is kind of rough:dunno:

But other than that, I LIKE IT!!!!

Oh ya, I also got my Kuba-Kuba Deluxe, El Ray del Mundo-Floro del Vanda's and Dunhill cigars:santaclaus: Like I said X-Mas in May:santaclaus:

See less See more
#10 ·
I was just joking, I bet I have at least 3 holsters for every gun I own :banghead:

some are shoulder rigs, most are OWB, either slide or paddle. I have a couple of cross draw and a couple of left handed OWB paddle type holsters for when I'm on my Goldwing

#9 ·
Congratulations on the grub! Try wearing an undershirt between the hoster and your skin.

Now, although I'm a big Arturo Fuente fan (Hemingway Sigs, Cuban Coronas and Opus X), I'd take a couple of your Dunhill sticks as compensation for my advise... :image035:

Enjoy your X-mas in May!!

#16 · (Edited)
Congrats on the holster...finding that 'ONE' eventually happens.

But...
"And I'll be damn if the MiniTuck isn't one of the most comfortable holsters that I own. I say "one of" because I have $4,286 worth of hand guns and approximately $30,000 worth of holsters.
based on your own words, you're way short on holsters.":rofl:

Stay armed...get a larger holster box...stay safe!

#18 ·
Congrats on the holster...finding that 'ONE' eventually happens.

But...
And I'll be damn if the MiniTuck isn't one of the most comfortable holsters that I own. I say "one of" because I have $4,286 worth of hand guns and approximately $30,000 worth of holsters.
based on your own words, you're way short on holsters.:rofl:

Stay armed...get a larger holster box...stay safe!
ya, I should start a used holster store:rofl: to bad I beat most of them to death:ahhhhh:

#17 ·
okay, DAY 2 update:

I have been wearing the rig since 7:30am, at first I was carrying at the 3:00 position and the holster was pinching my hip when I sat down or bent over. Driving the truck got a little UNcomfortable

I found that carrying the holster at the 3:30 to 4:00 position is even MORE COMFORTABLE.

I hardly notice the rig is there :tongue: but I'm a little concerned at getting to Elsie if an emergency arises.

I guess I'll just have to practice more, until I can get comfortable with moving my shirt out of the way and getting Elsie out in less than 2 seconds

#20 ·
Congrats on a holster that you like and feel comfortable wearing. I'm just wondering (I have one on order too!) how long did it take for you to get your holster?

#24 ·
Day 2: end of day report.

Well kids, I wore the MiniTuck all day, except for when I went to the gym to work out. I switched to my Fobus (OWB paddle), simply because it's much easier to deal with in a locker room.

I'm still fumbling around trying to get the MiniTuck on with some modicum of proficiency. So for now, wearing it to the gym is out.

However, the Mini is unbelievably comfortable when worn at the 3:30-4:00 position. I don't think anyone can tell I'm carrying. And except for the 2 hours I was working out, I had it on all day, I'm wearing it as I type and watching Detroit SCOOOOORE :hand10:

I may have to order another Crossbreed for my Glock 22 :image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.