IWB for a G22RTF

IWB for a G22RTF

This is a discussion on IWB for a G22RTF within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey folks, I've got a Glock 22 with the rough texture finish, which I love. The only issue I've got is that, unless I wear ...

Thread: IWB for a G22RTF

Question IWB for a G22RTF

Hey folks,

I've got a Glock 22 with the rough texture finish, which I love. The only issue I've got is that, unless I wear an undershirt, the rough texture acts like sand paper on my skin.

I'm looking for an IWB holster which has material in the grip area; any recommendations? There's a guy here in Minnesota who makes holsters who I'll contact to see what he can do (MNBurl on this board, with Side Guard Holsters).

Thanks.
    Last edited by ecrist; May 14th, 2009 at 10:24 AM. Reason: my grammar sucks.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Material in the 'grip area'? The grip on sidearms is usually exposed when a holster.

Do you mean having a holster with a body protector? If so, this still will not keep the grip away from your skin.
    I can't imagine a holster that would be preventing skin contact for the pistol grip.

One simple solution would be to wear a 'wifebeater' under your T-shirt, that's what I do, this will keep the grip from touching your skin.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Try an undershirt..."wifebeater" as they are called or a regular white t-shirt. They actually help wick away sweat and can be cooler in the summer.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Under-shirt, it'll be! Thanks, folks!
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Yeah, you definitely don't want any leather between your body and the grip of the pistol... All of my holsters have "slide guard" leather on them (to keep safeties and sights off my body), but that doesn't impact acquisition of a proper firing grip on the draw - Leather between the grip and your body could potentially impact your ability to draw quickly, efficiently, and consistently.

As others have said - A wife-beater is the better (and cheaper) way to go here... Even with the "slide-guard" leather on all my holsters, I still wear a wife-beater 100% of the time I'm carrying (if nothing else, it keeps my sweat off the grip of my pistol)

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Links