Defensive Carry banner

Anyone have this wallet holster? Ruger LCP

20K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Pro 
#1 ·

Just wondering if any of you have this and what you think of it? It's made by these guys: Concealment Concepts Looks pretty good but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Yeaaah... I have to agree with this. I inadvertently purchased a shoulder rig that by design, exposes the trigger of my carry revolver. As such, I don’t much care for it. Though I have confidence in my proper handling, it simply rubs against what I believe to be “safe”. There’s always the high ordinance of “Murphy’s Law” that could result with snagging the trigger in some weird-ass way. Case in point; anyone who has a horizontal door lever knob in their house, knows that anything on your person seems to snag on it.

Heck, as I type this post, I’m inclined to take my eighty-dollar purchase and cut it up with my pruning sheers.
Regards,:icon_neutral:

#6 ·
And utterly pointless. Think of the complete lack of utility that holster has!

Hi. I'm a pocket holster. But instead of being a regular safe pocket holster that stays in your pocket, I'm unique. I have a hole in the middle of me, so the trigger is always exposed and prone to snag. Even better, instead of staying in your pocket when you draw the gun, I come out with the gun! And I stay on the gun! You actually need to shoot the gun with me wrapped around it! That is, if you can find the trigger hole.

Just my opinion. :wink:

#8 ·
Looks like a cheap knock off of this Holdster. It is not categorized as an AOL, as it's not hidden to look like a wallet. The slide is 100% visible. I've got a Holdster, and it works well in some situations. Is it the perfect EDC holster.... not for me, but it works well in some situations.

#9 ·
I don't think I'd want a holster you stick your finger into the trigger guard to pull the weapon out of your pocket. Looks like trouble to me. :yup:

Reactions: dben002
#12 ·
Complete waste of money...illegal, dangerous, and the trigger can still fill with lint.
You would be better off, not much though, to have the gun in your pocket without the holster...and that IS legal (in the pocket without a holster, that is).

#13 ·
Complete waste of money...illegal, dangerous, and the trigger can still fill with lint.
Why does everyone keep saying it's illegal? It says right on the page: "It is actually considered a modified grip, and therefore, it does not fall into the AOW category. Complies with ATF regulations on wallet holsters."

I think I'm liking this holster more and more anyway:

This is much safer, in many way:

I have a couple of his holsters. Top rate. Here:

Ruger LCP 380 Pocket/Wallet Holster

#18 ·
I've got one of the pocket holsters (from pocketholsters.com) for my LCP and like it. Many friends of mine have it also. I tend to prefer an IWB for the LCP, but being in the back pocket is very concealable in all clothes and stays out of the way if I'm carrying a primary gun. Since the LCP is really a BUG, but highly concealable, it can go anywhere that's accessible.

#23 ·
I am only going to deal with the legality question and from here on there should be no question about it.

First, this type holster does not fall under the category of a "wallet holster" which is classifies the gun as AOW when it is added. There are several reasons why this is true, but the most important is that the holster does not attempt to conceal the fact that the item is a gun. This is true because the slide and muzzle are exposed.

Second, even if it were a holster that caused the gun to fall into the AOW category the cost to get the stamp for this type of weapon is $5.00. Get the stamp.

Third and finally. Here is a copy of the letter that was sent by ATF in 1976 defining a High Standard derringer in a wallet holster that looks like a real wallet and leaving no part of the firearm visible as AOW. If you read it carefully you will see that this holster does not fall under the criteria listed in the letter.

DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
Washington, DC 20226

T:T:F:JBC

FEB 25 1976

Gentlemen:

The January 15, 1976, issue of the Shotgun News contains an
advertisement by you offering for sale a "Wallet-Holster" designed
specifically for concealing and firing a High-Standard derringer
pistol and other derringer pistols.

Section 179.11 of Part 179, Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations,
defines a pistol as follows: A weapon originally designed, made,
and intended to fire a small projectile (bullet) from one or more
barrels when held in one hand, and having (a) a chamber(s) as an
integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and
(b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an
angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s). The term
shall not include any gadget device, any gun altered or converted
to resemble a pistol, any gun that fires more than one shot,
without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger, or
any small portable gun such as: Nazi belt buckle pistol, glove
pistol, or a one-hand stock gun designed to fire fixed shotgun
ammunition.

Placing the High-Standard derringer in the "Wallet-Holster" negates
the use of the birdshead type stock which can no longer be gripped
by the hand in the conventional manner. The derringer thus becomes
a concealed gadget device in the same category as a can gun, a belt
buckle pistol, or a cigarette lighter gun, and is classified as
"any other weapon" in the amended National Firearms Act of 1968.

- 2 -

There is no violation of the National Firearms Act in the mere
possession of a derringer with a rifled bore, nor in making,
transferring, or receiving a "Wallet-Holster" designed to contain
the derringer. However, any person who might possess the installed
combination of the High-Standard derringer or any other derringer
designed to be carried and fired in the "Wallet Holster" would be
in possession of a "firearm" as defined in Section 5845(a)(5) of
the Act. Such a firearm is subject to the tax imposed under
Section 5821, and to the making provisions of Section 5822 of the
Act. Sections 5811 and 5812 on transfer taxes and transfer
provisions are also applicable. Publication 603 (Rev. 6-74) and
its 1975 Supplement, ATF P 5300.5, which contains the sections of
law mentioned above, are enclosed for your convenient reference.

We strongly recommend that you publish a warning sheet which
outlines the status of these commodities to accompany the sale of
each "Wallet-Holster." Such action on your part would be prudent
business practice. Please contact us or our nearest Alcohol,
Tobacco and Firearms Office is you have any questions concerning
the contents of this letter.

Sincerely yours,

A. Atley Peterson
Acting Assistant Director
(Technical and Scientific Services)

Enclosure
NFA Owners Association :: View topic - 1976 letter on legality of wallet holster and High Standard

Below are links to statements from two makers of this type of holster stating why they do not fall under the AOW provision. The first link even describes the steps taken to insure that the holster was not going to cause trouble for purchasers.

History-ATF_Classification

Concealment Concepts

From here on feel free to discuss the merit or lack there of for this holster, but there needs to be no mention of whether the holster is legal. That question is settled. THE HOLSTER IS LEGAL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.