Anyone have this wallet holster? Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on Anyone have this wallet holster? Ruger LCP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering if any of you have this and what you think of it? It's made by these guys: Concealment Concepts Looks pretty good but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone have this wallet holster? Ruger LCP

Anyone have this wallet holster? Ruger LCP

Just wondering if any of you have this and what you think of it? It's made by these guys: Concealment Concepts Looks pretty good but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance.
    "The world is a dangerous place not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sdkidaho View Post

Just wondering if any of you have this and what you think of it? It's made by these guys: Concealment Concepts Looks pretty good but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance.
    I think that one would be considered an NFA all other weapon by the ATF. You might want to verify before you buy it unless you want to register it as an NFA weapon. See this link to a letter on the subject from the ATF: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/wba...f_letter19.txt
    NRA life member.

PERSONALLY SPEAKING: that looks like an accident waiting to happen. I don't like an exposed trigger (uuum, why did that sound bad)

But, thats just me
    tcox4freedom and dben002 like this.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Those type of holsters are outright illegal in some states.

You best check your state laws.
    dben002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
    Those type of holsters are outright illegal in some states.

You best check your state laws.
    +1

If not illegal very dangerous.
    AlanW likes this.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

And utterly pointless. Think of the complete lack of utility that holster has!

Hi. I'm a pocket holster. But instead of being a regular safe pocket holster that stays in your pocket, I'm unique. I have a hole in the middle of me, so the trigger is always exposed and prone to snag. Even better, instead of staying in your pocket when you draw the gun, I come out with the gun! And I stay on the gun! You actually need to shoot the gun with me wrapped around it! That is, if you can find the trigger hole.

Just my opinion.

This is much safer, in many way:

I have a couple of his holsters. Top rate. Here:

Ruger LCP 380 Pocket/Wallet Holster

Quote Originally Posted by sdkidaho View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Looks like a cheap knock off of this Holdster. It is not categorized as an AOL, as it's not hidden to look like a wallet. The slide is 100% visible. I've got a Holdster, and it works well in some situations. Is it the perfect EDC holster.... not for me, but it works well in some situations.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I don't think I'd want a holster you stick your finger into the trigger guard to pull the weapon out of your pocket. Looks like trouble to me.
    dben002 likes this.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Thanks, I appreciate the input. I'll definitely check out the other holster listed as well.
    "The world is a dangerous place not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    PERSONALLY SPEAKING: that looks like an accident waiting to happen. I don't like an exposed trigger (uuum, why did that sound bad)

But, thats just me
    Yeaaah... I have to agree with this. I inadvertently purchased a shoulder rig that by design, exposes the trigger of my carry revolver. As such, I don’t much care for it. Though I have confidence in my proper handling, it simply rubs against what I believe to be “safe”. There’s always the high ordinance of “Murphy’s Law” that could result with snagging the trigger in some weird-ass way. Case in point; anyone who has a horizontal door lever knob in their house, knows that anything on your person seems to snag on it.

Heck, as I type this post, I’m inclined to take my eighty-dollar purchase and cut it up with my pruning sheers.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Saber; May 17th, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Complete waste of money...illegal, dangerous, and the trigger can still fill with lint.
    You would be better off, not much though, to have the gun in your pocket without the holster...and that IS legal (in the pocket without a holster, that is).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Complete waste of money...illegal, dangerous, and the trigger can still fill with lint.
    Why does everyone keep saying it's illegal? It says right on the page: "It is actually considered a modified grip, and therefore, it does not fall into the AOW category. Complies with ATF regulations on wallet holsters."

I think I'm liking this holster more and more anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    This is much safer, in many way:

I have a couple of his holsters. Top rate. Here:

Ruger LCP 380 Pocket/Wallet Holster

VIP Member
    Ok, now this one changes everything. It’s not necessarily my taste but it is a “holster” and a far cry safer.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You would be better off, not much though, to have the gun in your pocket without the holster...and that IS legal (in the pocket without a holster, that is).
    Are you certain??? Is this a state law? I know of several people that work at/own gun shops that keep a "backup" in their back pocket, unholstered.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links