Comment on CrossBreed

This is a discussion on Comment on CrossBreed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Arko Careful with the new metal clips (they used to be plastic). I got in a hurry taking mine off, snagged it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comment on CrossBreed

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Careful with the new metal clips (they used to be plastic). I got in a hurry taking mine off, snagged it on a belt loop and bent it. Now I'll have to take it off and try to straighten it.
    My favorite holster overall though!
    I've bent one of my clips a couple of times now. A few minutes in a vice and it was as good as new.

2. Remove Ads

you cant beat a Xbreed for comfort. The only prob I have is the lump it creats on my side, since I carry at 3:00. 4:00 is very uncomfortable for me since my car seat pretty much wraps around me. If you have to go IWB, crossbreed is the way to go.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Bent my clip too, easy to bend back though.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

VIP Member
    If you order new clips, let me suggest the "J" clips. I use and love them. They are also much less noticable than the standard clips.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I love my crossbreed. When i got it i liked it so much i ordered a belt the following night. Both are top notch and work well together.

If you order new clips, let me suggest the "J" clips. I use and love them. They are also much less noticeable than the standard clips.
    I kind of wonder though. Which is more likely to catch a sheep's eye? A stylish metal clip with a cross on it, or a funny black U shape peeking from under a belt? This is just my personal thinking, but I would be interested in hearing others' thoughts.

And yes, I do have the J-clips as well, but I don't currently use them.
    Life is about choices. One who chooses to attack without cause has also chosen to accept whatever defensive measures his target has readied. If this includes violence and death, so be it.

G26--->Supertuck

The regular clips work fine for me. If you worry about appearances try the velcro clips.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

I saw a post from a guy with an xd40. Like me he's a lefty. I really wanted to know how he liked the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw66 View Post
    I saw a post from a guy with an xd40. Like me he's a lefty. I really wanted to know how he liked the holster.
    That wasn't me, but I'm a lefty with an XD40, and have a Supertuck for it. Nice holsters, and once you get them broken in, they fit very nicely and conceal well. I have one on order for my new (woohoo!) Kimber CDP Compact. I like wearing belt holsters when possible, but a nice concealment holster is necessary sometimes. Just hiding the barrel inside the pants lets me wear it under my vest when on the Harley, even if it's not under a shirt.

Favorites: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier."
    Admiral Gary Roughead, CNO: "I never, ever, want to see my sailors or Marines in a fair fight."

I don't think you can beat the CrossBreed belt. I wear it everyday, and have 0 complaints. I carried my XD9 4" in a SuperTuck for a while, but could never find a comfortable place where the gun did not severely print. I finally came to the conclusion that there was not enough kysex on the holster to keep the gun tight to my body.

Certainly a holster fits every individual differently, but the SuperTuck just didn't work for me. I ended up getting an MTAC which fits me like a glove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links