Does your belt really matter???

This is a discussion on Does your belt really matter??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wormy My Wrangler western belt seems to carry my holster just fine. Does a 50-100$ holster belt really make a big diffrence?? ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does your belt really matter???

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    My Wrangler western belt seems to carry my holster just fine. Does a 50-100$ holster belt really make a big diffrence??
    If you would have asked me this question a month ago I would say use any belt that will hold your pants up. I ordered a belt from Comptac and it is night and day using a single layer belt and using the Comptac belt with the internal kydex as a stiffner.
    Keep your powder dry

2. Remove Ads

I ordered a custom gun belt from a local saddle shop - it actually makes my gun lighter. With the weight of a 1911 distributed all around rather than hanging on one side, it feels so much better.

Since the belt is stiff, the gun rides high and tight and doesn't budge even when I am running. Frankly, it surprised me how much difference a gun belt made.

If you've got a leather shop or cowboy store close by, go try one on and see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    My Wrangler western belt seems to carry my holster just fine. Does a 50-100$ holster belt really make a big diffrence??
    After experimenting I have concluded that a quality belt is not that important when carrying IWB if the belt holds up your pants while wearing the IWB holster, then you are good to go. Cinching the belt tighter will draw the gun closer to the body.

When OWB, then you need a good quality belt. You would need the lateral stability when carrying OWB that only a quality belt can provide.

But if your primary carry is IWB, quit fretting. The cost of the quality belt is not going to help that much if any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    But if your primary carry is IWB, quit fretting. The cost of the quality belt is not going to help that much if any at all.
    I'm actually going to differ on this a bit. I recently purchased a wilderness 5 stitch after using a normal leather belt from academy. It makes a good bit of difference (I carry IWB). I no longer have to tighten it down as much, belt doesn't dig into my weak side, gun feels like it is held closer and tighter to my side, and I don't have to readjust during the day.

But, this is all only my personal experience. May be completely different for everyone else.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

pax
    But if your primary carry is IWB, quit fretting. The cost of the quality belt is not going to help that much – if any at all.
    Beg to differ. My primary means of carry is IWB appendix, usually a single loop tuckable. And there is a huge difference in how comfortably concealable my IWB is depending upon whether I'm wearing a good belt or a cheap flimsy one.

I hate to think how much more of a difference the belt might make with an OWB, given what a significant difference it makes (for me!) with an IWB.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I bought a holster belt from "Crossbreed Holsters" & I like it just fine. The IWB Crossbreed holster is good too. Just waiting on my permit to arrive so I can put both into action.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links