Defensive Carry banner

Just Got My Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

7K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  INSPGAD 
#1 ·
I just got my Supertuck today and immediately forgot what I was needing to do (move a bed to my ex-wives) and went to try it out. I got my S&W Sigma 9VE and slipped her in. And was thoroughly disappointed.

It moves forwards and backwards in the kydex a quarter of an inch. And if you push from the tang of the pistol you can move the top portion on my pistol at least half an inch. I tried it on and it still moves around ALOT. Tilting the holster at a 45 degree angle dumps my gun right out of the holster. :mad:

DEFINITELY not what I was expecting. This is just MY experience and I haven't contacted Crossbreed about this yet so I'm not going to say anything bad. :mad:

I'm going to try the suggestion that they include with the holster for better retention. Wet rag and blow dryer time I guess. I'll let you all know how it goes. Emailing Crossbreed in just a few minutes.

#2 ·
Well that sucks. Does it have any retention screws holding the kydex to the leather? If so have you tried tightening them up any to see if it makes it a little more snug? Crossbreed is know for there customer service so they will make it right. I personally dont own any of there products but Ive read enough threads saying about how good ther CS is that I dont think you should have a problem.

#3 ·
You can heat up the kydex like they note for better retention. I did it for my XD and it holds so much better now. Fortunately my wife has one of those little heat guns so it went faster than a hair dryer but it is easy to do. You just need patience and go slow. I tightened up the trigger guard and it holds great now.

#4 ·
I dont know... for $70 Id expect the holster to have the right amount of retention. The customer shouldnt have to do anything but put the thing on and then arm themselves. Im sure CB has the molds for the guns and of course everyone here raves about the holsters.

The customer service is excellent and I think the OP might have just got a holster that made it past QC a little prematurely.

Im sure CB will make it right. I have no doubt about that.

#6 ·
For forty bucks Fist would have a perfect fit holster to your door in 4-5 weeks. It would be tight enough for you to have to practice your draw a couple hundred times to get it just right...I'm just sayin'...

Additionally, if it weren't that way, they'll take it back.:yup:
Any reliable holster maker can make a mistake, but quality makers stand behind their holsters.

I'd be on the phone tomorrow...:hand5:

Read Fist's top few lines.:hand10:
HOLSTERS

#13 ·
Customer Service does NOT get much better than this, folks... OK, so the holster you got seems to have been sub-par - Fair enough beef on your part - Now let CB try and make it right... What do you have to lose?

I'm not a CrossBreed fanboy either (I don't even own a single kydex or hybrid item anymore - strictly leather) ; I'm just sayin... CB seems to be more than reputable - Take them up on their offer to do right by you...

OMO, of course...

Best of luck w/ the gear!

Regards,

Bones

#11 ·
Update: I took a heat gun to it and managed to get it where it doesn't move around anymore and holds my gun in place. I'm going to try it for a few days and if everything goes good then I'm golden.

Otherwise I'll just send it back and we'll try again.

Mark, I have no doubt that you would make things right after all the great reviews of the customer service on here. I appreciate the offer and will let you know in a couple of days how it's going.

#12 ·
I had the same experience with a supertuck I purchased recently for my FNP 9mm. They offered to let me send it in to be reformed, but I ended up doing it myself with a heat gun. It was a hassle I wasn't expecting, but at least it holds the gun securely now.

I think I'll stick with leather holsters or kydex with adjustable retention in the future to avoid the hassle.

The Crossbreed is a nice holster through once you get it to actually hold the gun.

#14 ·
Update, I just sent it back under their two week to try it free deal. I guess I didn't do a good enough job heating the kydex or whatnot. But it wouldn't hold the pistol without ALOT of movement forwards and backwards. So I'm going to return it and just use my Don Hume until I can afford a Kramer when I get my first paycheck at my new job.

Mark at Crossbreed did try to make it right and I appreciated that but I guess I just expected more from the holster without all the hassles.

#15 ·
With all due respect, you might have just sent it back and we'd have promptly corrected any issues. As it is you took it upon yourself to try and reform it and I never got the opportunity to see just what the problem really was.

A refund is probably the best bet in your particular situation though, and we are happy to do so.

Thanks

#17 ·
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I just got my super-tuck in yesterday. I am a happy camper!! I thought it was a little big, when I first saw it, but once I put it on it was great. My EDC (winter) is an H&K USP40, and it fits perfect. I was a little concerned about retention, before I actually bought it but when I put the gun into the holster, it kind of clicks into place, and does not move. I am still looking for the “sweet spot” so I will be making some minor adjustments over the next couple of days. Anyway, again sorry it didn’t work out for you, but I am good to go! I will be looking into one for my “NEW” G27. :hand10:

Thanks

#18 ·
hate to hear that.

I own a Crossbreed Supertuck for EVERY PISTOL I OWN !
And the next time I buy a pistol the first thing I do when I get home is place an order with Crossbreed!.

And could not possibly be more happy with There product OR there Service.

Sucks you want allow them to correct the error whatever it may have been.

#20 ·
I can't imagine any better customer service than what I'm seeing right here on this thread. Truly superior. Hats off to Crossbreed.

#21 ·
Sorry it didn't work out. I like my supertuck and ordered one last week for my new Kimber.

[by the way, Mark, are the delivery times 3-4 weeks as stated on your website? Glad you're busy, but wondering if I will have mine before I leave on vacation on June 19th. I would like to be carrying that Kimber across the West, and won't take it unless it's in a Supertuck!)

#22 ·
Update: I received my Supertuck yesterday in the mail. About two weeks, well less than the 3-4 weeks they are quoting on the website. It seems they do that to either allow for a flurry of orders (since they get well-publicized here) or to discourage people from calling every day and tying up valuable time that could be spent making holsters!

Well done, CBH!

#23 ·
Supertuck

I have a super tuck for my fullsized 1911 and it fit well right out of the mail I wear it almost 18 hrs a day. I don't know what I would do with out it. It is very comfortable and for my size 6' and 345lbs it rides at 3:00 to 3:30 position and hides my 1911 well I ordered one for my
S&W 5906 and it was a little loose but I tightenes it up and when you wear it your belt gives it better retention. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.