Very Frustrated with Holsters!!!

This is a discussion on Very Frustrated with Holsters!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, let's see. Since receiving my CCW Permit less than a month ago, I have spent more on holsters than I spent on my most ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Frustrated with Holsters!!!

Very Frustrated with Holsters!!!

Okay, let's see. Since receiving my CCW Permit less than a month ago, I have spent more on holsters than I spent on my most recent gun purchase, a Glock 27 ($540). So far, I have tried Blackhawk SERPA 410001BK-R ($75), Blackhawk shoulder harness attachment for the SERPA ($60), Galco Ultra Deep Cover Holster UDC 286 ($80), Galco Summer Comfort Inside Pant Holster SUM226B ($70), Galco Underwraps Belly Band UWBKLG ($60) and a few others not worth mentioning.

To me, money is not an issue IF I can find the proper combination of concealability (gotta keep your cover), quality (it's gotta last more than a year), accessibility (cuz if you can't get to it then it's useless) and comfort (cuz let's face it, if it's not comfortable then you won't wear it).

I've been experimenting with the holsters I've purchased so far and here's what seems like would be PERFECT if I could only find it. The Galco UDC, left handed with a rear cant so that it could be worn on the right side of my back (kidney location). I'm right handed so this location is not only practical but also very concealed when using the UDC. The rear cant would tilt it slightly toward my right side and the fact that it would be a left-handed draw would place the butt or handle there as well.

I know this sounds confusing but I can post photos to help it make more sense.

Is anyone aware of a quality, IWB holster (any brand) that would fit this description???

Thanks for the help!!!
    Last edited by sspargo; May 17th, 2009 at 12:19 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum! Get in touch with Eric at HBE leather or Nate at UBG leather. Talk to someone in the business with a good rep. Everyone here has a holster drawer full of failures. Get something custom that will work specifically for your application.
    The "one holster does it all" is a nice theory but it doesn't work.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Administrator
    Well, once you get up past 25 posts you can try to sell some of the holsters that are just not working out for you personally in Members Buy, Sell, Trade & you'll be able to recoup some of your holster expenditures.

Good Resource!

Something similar, maybe smaller, except with the butt of the gun in the opposite direction while maintaining the same cant as this one in the photo...

It's gotta be for a Glock 27, preferrably horse hide (unless you guys know of something better) and to REALLY sweeten it, an added magazine holder, that would be AWESOME!!

Oh yeah...

And it would be nice if it was "tuckable"...

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, this paradox is the nature of the beast. A good holster, belt and other accessories, will almost always exceed the cost of the gun itself. Unless of course, you bought a Wilson Combat. Anyway, this is why I now stay clear of exotic materials from boutique holster makers.

Case in point; I have a HK P7 which isn't all that common anymore, so I'm forced to buy from the few custom guys that still have the mold-stamps. The cost of a "quality" IWB is 240-bucks, plus shipping!
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Another Nice One...

If it met the above specs...

How common is it to have these guys custom make them?

Welcome to the club. I'm afraid to talley up the money I've spent experimenting with different holsters. In the end, I like kydex for my autoloaders and have good luck with Comptac, and I like leather for my revolvers from FIST.

+1 for Comptac. Specifically the M-TAC. It's an IWB holster, the holster is kydex with a leather backing. Very comfortable and tuckable.

Here's Another...

The guy in this photo is carrying like I'd prefer however I need the butt facing the opposite direction but again with the angle unchanged.

What does everyone think of the CrossBreed Holsters??

One Other Thing...

Another thing I forgot to mention is that my "hobbies and interests" require that I dress professionally and formal at times. I regularly attend events that require me to be around "important" and "influential" people at times thus concealability and professionalism are of utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    What does everyone think of the CrossBreed Holsters??
    I really like my CrossBreed. It's my main holster for IWB with my G23 and G36. I have a TT Gunleather for my PM9.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Give Rocky at Pure Kustoms a call he will fix you up. He makes a purely top You truly wont be disappointed. Plus he sponsors this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Case in point; I have a HK P7 which isn't all that common anymore, so I'm forced to buy from the few custom guys that still have the mold-stamps. The cost of a "quality" IWB is 240-bucks, plus shipping!
    Saber, I don't know where you are shopping, but you can get a top quality IWB rig for your P7 from TT Gunleather for half that. Look at the Mike's Special.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Why do you want to wear a left handed holster on your right side? To get the right handed cant in a left handed holster I would think you would have to have one built or figure out how to build one yourself. From your description I think you need to rethink your carry and draw. Please explain why you want to do this.

I for one must have gotten lucky with my carry. My one big purchase was a M-Tac holster and I have never looked back. I do have a pocket holster which I use as a night stand holster as well as a gust going for a quick drive put the pistol in my pocket holster as well as a Smart Carry I purchased and found it works well when I am messing around the house in sweat pants and don't want my pistol pulling them down all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links