Carrier for Cargo Pockets

This is a discussion on Carrier for Cargo Pockets within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some time ago, on another thread, I talked about having a leather carrier made for a pocket holster to allow comfortable carry in a pair ...

Thread: Carrier for Cargo Pockets

Carrier for Cargo Pockets

Some time ago, on another thread, I talked about having a leather carrier made for a pocket holster to allow comfortable carry in a pair of cargo or BDU pants. Sorry to take so long but just got some pictures made. The pocket holster is an Uncle Mike’s size 3 carrying K-T P11 with a plus 2 grip extension. The high friction stripe around the holster will carry the pistol in normal pockets fine, but in the larger and more voluminous cargo pockets it will rotate around with the pistol.

Most times I am on duty I am wearing a BDU uniform and use this rig to carry my backup gun in one of the cargo pockets normally on the offside leg. The leather carrier is ˝ inch smaller that the inside of the pocket. The boy who made it for me did not charge me anything but has made several for other officers at $15 to $25 depending what they wanted. The newer ones have the lower corner chamfered ˝ inch allowing easier inserting in to the pocket.

It makes for a very comfortable and stable carry without the pistol and pocket holster moving around in the cargo pocket. The weight feels funny for the first little while when you put it on. But now it seems strange not to have the weight there when I put on the duty belt. No one as ever noticed and just assume it is some other piece of equipment. I hope this helps. I will be glad to answer any questions.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I have that exact same pocket holster and have that exact same problem. I thought about making something out of drawer liner and some plastic. Haven't gotten around to it. Your's looks like a great idea. Wish I had somebody around here who did that. +1
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Why not just trace your pocket and have a holster maker build you one that fits the pocket correctly.

I always wear cargo shorts. Wranglers. I talked to Erik at Side Guard and he told me to trace the pocket and send it to him so he could make it the exact size.

Which reminds me that I need to do that tomorrow.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Why not just trace your pocket and have a holster maker build you one that fits the pocket correctly.

I always wear cargo shorts. Wranglers. I talked to Erik at Side Guard and he told me to trace the pocket and send it to him so he could make it the exact size.

Which reminds me that I need to do that tomorrow.
    I wear 3 or 4 different brands of cargo shorts and I'm cheap
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    I wear 3 or 4 different brands of cargo shorts and I'm cheap
    LOL...OK you got me on that one.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Links