What About Car Carry?

This is a discussion on What About Car Carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there a manufactured car mounting system for handguns? I'm thinking something that is securely fastened to the floor or under-dash of the vehicle that ...

Thread: What About Car Carry?

What About Car Carry?

Is there a manufactured car mounting system for handguns? I'm thinking something that is securely fastened to the floor or under-dash of the vehicle that is easily accessable, out of sight and safe enough that the gun would stay secured in case of an accident.

I did come across this one (less than $40) but have not been able to find any published reviews of the product.

Thoughts and ideas?
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

2. Remove Ads

Do a search of the threads here for car carry...you will find something. I know there are some very innovative new products. I personally like the Mitch Rosen anti carjacking rig.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

sss
    I bought a cheap universal holster for my Glock and carried it in my center console while I waited for my license to come in. The trigger was covered, and the rig felt relatively secure.

I think mine only ran about $6 shipped, so it may be worth a try before you invest big bucks in some of the fancier stuff.
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

Tanks SSS but I actually have several holster that I use in my truck. I'm looking for a more "permenant" mounted solution. By that I mean, I'd like something that's going to be secure in case of an accident but it will be "right there" if I need it. By "right there" I mean within arms reach without needing to open a center console or glove box etc. Ideally, I would be able to go from concealed carry on foot and straight out of the holster into this vehicle "device". I've found a few other options that I'm investigating as well. I'll update as soon as I have more information.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

My CCW instructors mounted a cheaper OWB holster to the inside on his minivan console. Worked like a charm.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Links