Russian Holster

Russian Holster

This is a discussion on Russian Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recently watched an episode of "Deadliest Warrior" off of the Spike TV website (Spteznaz versus Green Beret) and saw something pretty interesting. The ...

Thread: Russian Holster

Question Russian Holster

I just recently watched an episode of "Deadliest Warrior" off of the Spike TV website (Spteznaz versus Green Beret) and saw something pretty interesting. The ex-spetznaz operatives had a holster for the makarov which I'd never seen or heard of before.

Basically, it was an open holster, similar to something one might see at an IDPA match, but in reverse order (the area in the back was open, not the front) and the draw was downward instead of upward from the hip. While pushing it downward it racks the slide and releases the safety of the firearm as well and brings the gun into play rather quickly.

He made the comment that it was patented in Russia as well. I'm curious to know if anyone has ever seen anything like that holster here in the states or if anyone has ever had any experiences with one of them.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Sounds like an accident looking for a place to happen to me.

...and no, I have never heard of any kind of holster like that.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oh believe me, I realized as soon as I saw it that that was a very specialized holster and one that would require quite a bit of training and familiarization to use properly and safely.

It just had me curious if anyone has ever seen something similar to it or any ever tried one.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Russian Rig

After seeing it, my buddy found them online. They are offered thru a Russian sporting goods store.
    Just "Google" Spteznaz holster and you will find it. My buddy isn't answering his phone or I could give you the exact.
    I believe it is for Mak's only...

Good luck.

I did see that as well...... I have to agree with retsupt99 it didnt cover the trigger at all. Kind of defeats the purpose of a holster if you ask me.

Administrator
    Actually there is/was an American Made holster that would do about the same thing with a 1911.
    I don't think that it had a draw from the rear feature but, you pushed down on the firearm while it was holstered and that action racked the slide to chamber a round & simultaneously cocked the hammer "in holster" and then you performed the draw.
    Carry was with the thumb safety off and an empty chamber.
    About the only person I can think of right now that might know what da heck holster I'm referring to would be Matt Del Fatti.

I was never interested in it so I naturally don't remember who made it or much else about it.

There was also a 1911 holster carry battle technique used in WWII where the 1911 was holstered hot with the thumb safety in the "off" position because when the 1911 was fully inserted in the holster the slide was moved slightly out of battery which prevented a ND in the holster.
    Drawing the 1911 from the holster allowed the slide to move forward returning into battery so that the weapon could fire.

Links